Ford Brings "Ultimate Tailgate Experience" to NCAA College Football Games
Source: Ford Motor Company Press Release
- Ford Freestyle Ultimate Tailgate Experience is a mobile entertainment exhibit that will tour 13 NCAA college football games this fall.
- Ford is partnering with Coca-Cola©, College Sports Television (CSTV), Sara Lee, Johnsonville Sausage, Snickers®, Weber Grills, Dell Computers and Musicmatch Jukebox for interactive challenges and free giveaways.
- More than 6,000 consumers have attended Ford "direct-to-the-consumer" marketing events since the launch of Freestyle began this summer.
DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 8, 2004 - What do you get when you combine the class-leading spaciousness and tailgating capabilities of the 2005 Ford Freestyle, the guilt-free great taste of Coca-Cola© C2 and a menu of the 13 hottest college football games on the NCAA schedule? In three words: great tailgate fun.
Ford, in partnership with Coca-Cola© and other sponsors, has teamed up to create the Freestyle Ultimate Tailgate Experience, a mobile entertainment exhibit that will visit select NCAA football games this fall. The exhibit is one of several grassroots campaigns that Ford has initiated this year to promote its all-new lineup of 2005 model products. To date, more than 6,000 consumers have attended Ford "direct-to-the-consumer" marketing events featuring the new 2005 model products, including the Ford Innovation and Ford Racing Innovation drives.
"The 'Ultimate Tailgate Experience' is yet another way that we're connecting with consumers," says Marty Collins, general marketing manager, Ford Division. "We're giving consumers a chance to experience the all-new 2005 Ford Freestyle -while creating the ultimate in tailgating fun for college football fans."
The centerpiece of the exhibit is the 2005 Ford Freestyle, an all-new vehicle that will bridge the gap between sedans and SUVs with theater-style seating, available all-wheel drive and a versatile interior that can accommodate up to seven passengers in class-leading comfort.
On display will be a customized 2005 Ford Freestyle SEL model, clad in Dark Shadow Grey paint and featuring two 17" Dell flat screen televisions, an audio entertainment system by Rockford Fosgate with integrated in dash and second row flatscreens, a Sony Playstation 2, a portable Weber "Q" grille, 18" alloy wheels and tires, GPS navigation system and a cooler integrated into the rear cargo well.
The Freestyle Ultimate Tailgate Experience will feature a number of 2005 Ford Freestyle product displays, as well as interactive challenges for college football fans, including:
- Guess What's InStyle" Freestyle, loaded with mini footballs. The contestant who guesses the number of footballs in the vehicle is entered into a drawing to win a two-year lease of a 2005 Ford Freestyle.
- Freestyle "Passing Lane" that allows contestants to test their quarterback skills.
- An end zone complete with goal posts, yard markers and Weber Grills for frying up the best Johnsonville brats that you can find.
- Bleachers to allow football fans to catch the pre-game show.
The Ford Freestyle Ultimate Tailgate Experience will visit 13 NCAA college football games this fall, as follows:
- Sept 4 Colorado @ Colorado State
- Sept 11 Michigan @ Notre Dame
- Sept 18 UCLA @ Washington
- Sept 25 USC @ Stanford
- Oct 9 LSU @Florida
- Oct 16 Notre Dame @ Navy
- Oct 23 Washington @ USC
- Oct 30 FSU @ Maryland
- Oct 30 Northwestern Homecoming
- Nov 13 Nebraska @ Oklahoma
- Nov 20 Michigan @ Ohio State
- Nov 27 GA Tech @ Georgia
- Dec 4 SEC Championship in Atlanta