If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Adding/fixing 06' Freestyle

AKFreeRoad

Adding/fixing 06' Freestyle

Post by AKFreeRoad » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:12 pm

Hello! We just got a 2006 Freestyle 110kmiles in a private sell. Our van is in another state with family so we were using husbands small car for a couple months with 3 small kids and I'm OVER THE MOON happy to find someone selling this car in our low budget range. We are a family of 5 and I actually am loving this style over our van.

A couple questions!
- When winter comes, we get low temperatures for 4-5 months. Would it be worth is to add autostart in this car? Even a cheap one? We always had autostart after having kids b/c of where we live (snow). Of course its not a big deal. I don't feel safe leaving the key in the car even if its locked since we had a lot of car thefts over the years (not us but our city as a whole).

- The car has a hole in the back where the trunk is, the owner said from loading stuff. a couple scratches on the side back bumper. Does anyone put any money into fixing their Freestyle anymore?

Realistically its a 2006 car at 110kmiles. I know I don't Need to put money into it. But I'm really liking it over my van right now (haha). When we thought about getting a new SUV, we couldn't find one we liked that made sense money-wise $$$. Everything is much smaller but more expensive!

knowitall

Re: Adding/fixing 06' Freestyle

Post by knowitall » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:14 am

The Freestyle at best is worth $3k and at worst about $1k. Mine is worth about $1,400 so it is not worth sinking any money beyond minor maintenance. I might leave the keys in mine while parked in some inner city hood and then report it stolen. :lol:

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:43 pm

knowitall wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:14 am
...I might leave the keys in mine while parked in some inner city hood and then report it stolen. ... :lol:

To what purpose?

And the false quote too about the venerated Jaunty75 ?

wow, all looks like a way new low, way low.....

sad !
i wonder who "Voodoo Bob of the Dead Poets Society" is hounding now.....:mrgreen:

DanfromSterling

Post by DanfromSterling » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:11 am

Glad you are liking your new wheels.

Freestyle is a great car as long as don't run into any transmission issues. This car has cvt transmission. No one will repair or rebuild this transmission that I called in Michigan. My recommendation is to drain the fluid and put new oem fluid every 50,000 miles.

Once transmission goes value of car is only worth scape value $200. Used transmission sell for $1500 on ebay and not worth fixing due to car value.

So if you have good trans worth getting car starter installed.

Other repaire. I believe you were talking about back hatch plastic. You can get this from junk yards cheap.

I got 192000 miles out of my first ford freestyle before issues acting up with transmission. Became a parts car. I have another 3 at my house and 2 more within my in laws and parents.

Don't mind Africa and know it all. They have special relationship.

Welcome to forum. Many helpful tips on repairs if you search.