If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Car vibrates while driving on freeway

AllWeeler

Car vibrates while driving on freeway

Post by AllWeeler » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:48 pm

Hello to everyone, I got a problem with my 07 Freestyle Lmtd. with 166***K...While driving on a highway (thats where its most noticeable) and pressing a gas pedal the car starts to vibrate and as I ease off the pedal it gets less and while coasting there isn't any vibrations at all or weird noises, it acts and drives normal but as soon as I hit the gas pedal to speed up it starts to vibrate. I did have a code come up a few days prior to this issue “Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor -A- High Input P0193” I reset the code and it hasn’t come up again. I don't see any abnormal rpm spikes or hear any weird noises , it shifts smoothly and nothing is grinding. I don't think it has anything to do with suspension because it would be very obvious while coasting or going over bumps or taking turns. At any speed if I let go of the wheel it drives straight and over all it is very smooth and quiet. If there is anyone who had this issue or knows what it can be ur advise would be very, very helpful...

jas88

Re: Car vibrates while driving on freeway

Post by jas88 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:37 am

Sounds like a miss under load, although very hard to tell from my keyboard here. I will say the only time I got that code, it was the sensor that was at fault. It's very easy to change out, it's on the fuel rail over on the right (passenger) side close to the PS pump. It's black with an electrical connector and a vacuum hose and is held down to the fuel rail by 2 8mm bolts.
2006 SE Silver w/Slate cloth

AllWeeler

Re: Car vibrates while driving on freeway

Post by AllWeeler » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:30 am

Thanx jas88... Im gonna be doing it this weekend , hopefully that is the case...