If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

New User Introduction

jmarcl

New User Introduction

Post by jmarcl » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:30 pm

Hello All!!

Have just purchased a used 2008 Taurus x Limited FWD and am glad to find a forum "home" for it.

Its Particulars Are:

Single owner
102k miles
Same dealership since new.
Svc Mgr copied me all service records.
Owned by elderly widow/All scheduled services performed by dealership.
Plugs just replaced for delivery.
Water Pump just replaced for delivery.
Blend door motor just replaced for delivery.
Battery just replaced for delivery.

Interior/Exterior in better condition than I could imagine.

I had never heard of a Tarurus X, but I love it!
All in all, I'm very excited about it. I feel I got a GREAT vehicle with a lot of life left, at a great price ($5.5k).

I look forward to being part of this group, asking questions, sharing thoughts.

spy1309

Re: New User Introduction

Post by spy1309 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:11 pm

Welcome and enjoy your stay , there are not many X 's left around, they are good cars......watch yours for PTU leaks and stay on top with regular maintenance, it should last you to 250k easy.

jmarcl

Post by jmarcl » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:10 pm

spy1309...Thanks for the info and advice...looking forward to 250k+!!

spy1309

Post by spy1309 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:49 pm

Also change every year the power steering fluid....if it gets old and black be ready for a new steering rack.

airlinepilot

Post by airlinepilot » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:03 pm

Welcome to this forum! Looks like you got yourself a great used car! Since yours is FWD and not AWD, don’t bother about the ptu leaking, you dont have one!

The only thing that puzzles me is your water pump. It is a 12 hours job to open the engine and replace it. My guess is that it started leaking and this previous owner traded in her car before the engine got destroyed. If you bought it from a Ford dealer, they probably gave her twice nothing for her car if they were planning to replace the water pump before reselling the car to someone else.

Anyway, great car overall, just make sure you replace the power steering fluid once a year (Mercon V), flush and refill the ATF fluid too every two years, oil and filter changes at every 6 months or 4000 miles.

Dont be shy to ask us any questions regarding the maintenance, lots of great folks here with valuable knowledge of this machine!

WELCOME!