If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

P0701 when hot - limp home mode

RRR

P0701 when hot - limp home mode

Post by RRR » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:22 pm

So, there are many out there that have an issue when the transmission is cold. But mine issue is when the transmission warms up. First thing in the morning all works great for about 5 minutes. Just about the time the temp gauge gets to normal the wrench light comes on and the trans stays in low gear with limited throttle response (limp home mode). I have done the typical things mentioned (change both filters and fluid - checked throttle body). If I let the car set an idle till warm there are no lights. All is fine until I put the trans in gear, then I immediately get the wrench light. Ideas - what inputs is the control unit looking at that is different between neutral and in gear (R or D).

Jim likes catwalks

Re: P0701 when hot - limp home mode

Post by Jim likes catwalks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:17 am

P701 usually is a mechatronic issue. I had to change mine to resolve a limp mode scenario until tranny oil warmed up. Never heard of it being the other way. If you can check the two oil pressure readings with a scan tool then that may tell you if the TCM on mechatronic is acting up.