If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

2005 ford freestyle awd sel

jessica84

2005 ford freestyle awd sel

Post by jessica84 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:21 pm

Okay guys I am haveing an issue with this lemon. The radiator was just replaced a week ago and when it was test driven to make sure it was working properly the gages went hay wire and then battery light cam on and then died. It started back up after a few minutes and then it displayed to check transmission and check engine, so it was parked and the next day got in and stated it and the transmission shifted real hard so i checked the fluid and it was fine. But now the check transmission light is off. The last time this happened it was the altonater so I thought I bought a new one and also a new battery. which I replaced them both in october of 2018. Can anybody help me out please.

Africa_FS_07

Re: 2005 ford freestyle awd sel

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:20 am

can you take the Negative battery terminal off for like 30 minutes to clear the PCM, then start the car and drive it around for a while/hours/days as long as it would permit, then get it scanned with a Code Reader and post it all here?
i wonder who "Voodoo Bob of the Dead Poets Society" is hounding now.....:mrgreen:

jessica84

Re: 2005 ford freestyle awd sel

Post by jessica84 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:39 am

I will as soon as I can