If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

2007 FS SEL Need new driver side seat

bidwin

2007 FS SEL Need new driver side seat

Post by bidwin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:19 pm

The driver's seat in my 2007 Freestyle SEL has worn to the point it's getting unbearable to sit in. The round metal stamping at the right rear of the seat jabs me in the butt and the front of the seat digs into my legs, making it uncomfortable to sit in. Adjusting seat tilt offers no relief. Tried a few cushions and pads but none help. Hate to have to buy a new car because of a worn out seat, but it's that bad.

I have 6-way power seats with gray cloth covering. I'm assuming (yes I know the danger of assuming :wink: ) the foam cushion has sagged and that's what's causing my problem, but I'm open to look into other suggested causes. All of the sites listing replacement seats state they're no longer available and are out of production. None of the junk yards near me have any Freestyles, let alone one like mine. I did find one site that offered a replacement foam cushion, but I'm wondering if the cloth covering can be removed and replaced as leather covering can. Anyone have any experience replacing a cushion under cloth? Or can anyone point me to a replacement seat?

Thanks,
Charlie

mmsstar

Re: 2007 FS SEL Need new driver side seat

Post by mmsstar » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:35 pm

Did you try Car-Part.com? Also LKQ will ship from some locations to a yard near you.
When I swapped the cloth seats in in my Flex to leather I drove about 180 miles to pick them up.
Drove an 06 LTD FWD from July 08 to August 10, moved on to a 2011 Flex

bidwin

Post by bidwin » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:27 am

Thanks much, mmsstar. Car-Part.com didn't come up in any of my searches. Found a possibility near me, but I'd prefer new if I could get it. Considering how my seat deteriorated another one same age would be second to new for me.

DanfromSterling

Post by DanfromSterling » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:09 pm

What city/state you in? I have 2- 2005 parts cars. Gray interior.... I'm in white lake michigan.... But plenty of freestyle here in michigan at junk yards. So assume you are in different state.

Should be able to swap out the foam for new about $100 to $125... Used seat go for about $80... I swapped out front driver one from junk yard with tan leather because of same issue. Sag in the middle and uncomfortable. Sat in seat at junk yard to see if better.

Keep in mind 05 did not have seat air bags... 2007 did have seat air bags... So might want to get same year. I put 07 in 05.... I had to change some wiring if I remember and seat sensors to get to work.

Good luck.