2005 For Sale

Fordvergnugen

2005 For Sale

Post by Fordvergnugen » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:17 pm

In the DFW area, Red/Gray 2005 SEL, 199k miles, mostly daily driver, well maintained, some dings, trans whine not in P or N, maintenance up to date and records back to 2006. Solid, reliable, all works, i like car bunches and drive it almost daily, but spouse wants me to sell it. I am retired now and not able to address the trans work myself, certainly can't afford a new one. But she starts all the time, runs great, strong, AC in summer, heat in winter, passed inspections, brakes strong and true. trans service at 178k, Throttle body replaced, platinum plugs, struts, battery, nitrogen filled tires, more. Would make a great winterbeater up north? I think there are another 50k miles in it without touching the trans. Or if any DFW member knows someone who can repair the CFT30 for a reasonable price? I really want to take this car to 300k, or turn it over to someone who can appreciate it. Thanks!

DanfromSterling

Re: 2005 For Sale

Post by DanfromSterling » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:37 pm

I know there is someone on here in Texas that has swapped out cvt for the 6 speed trans in a couple freestyle. I can try to find info if you are interest need to do some digging on the site to find info again.

Maybe contact them to see if makes sense and they could help?

I wanted 6 speed in my old freestyle and could not find anyone local to do the swap. So my old freestyle became a parts freestyle..... we have 3 more still kicking.
Last edited by DanfromSterling on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fordvergnugen

Post by Fordvergnugen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:33 am

Thank you for your reply to my message. I didn't understand your last line of your message, but the 6 speed swap is interesting. If you can point me in the right direction, I would like to followup.

DanfromSterling

Post by DanfromSterling » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:17 am

User jas88 is who I was mentioning. He has done a few swaps. 6 speed went into the Ford Five Hundred and also the Mercury Montego. The CVT also went into these same cars as options. Ford Freestyle was the same platform and all the vehicles were built down same lines at Ford Chicago Asy.

These 3 cars share many of the same parts.

I contacted jas88 to see about doing the CVT to six speed trans swap for me. He said he was in Texas. Worth a shot contacting him if interested see if he is relatively close and makes sense for you/him.

Below link page 7. This is the list of parts needing swapped to get no warning lights.
*These items don't think need swapped just will have abs light on.
I believe some have said they have gotten all the parts below between $500 to $800. Then you have the labor to get the items swapped.

Aisin 6 speed transmission with TCU
Transmission wiring plug
All transmission mounts (2 underneath and 1 under the hood)
Flywheel
Shift cable
Center shift console
CV Shafts
PCM from the same car
*ABS control module from the same car
*Ignition switch w/PATS module and key from the same car
If desired, door lock cylinder from the same car so you have the same key for door and ignition

Here's link to forum... Should see contact info for user jas88
viewtopic.php?t=6305&start=150

Good luck please keep us updated if you are going forward with the 6 speed swap and how it works out.