newbie idk about limp mode

djwbdb

newbie idk about limp mode

Post by djwbdb » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:55 am

well I just bought one a 07 and new it supposedly needed a trans but once I got it ive been learning about limp mode etc but beyond that I like it .I am a car audio and aftermarket enthusiast. I haven't see one hooked up but I see potential in my are ther any pics or info on here I can search out or if anyone wants to reply here thanks ! :D

ds32928

Re: newbie idk about limp mode

Post by ds32928 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:32 am

Welcome to the forum.
Could be a number of reasons the trans is not working and the ECU is in limp mode. Search the forum for 'helicopter noise' from trans in park and neutral. If you have it, its a 'death rattle' for that trans. If you arent hearing that, if you can, get it over to a major chain auto parts store and see if they will use their code scanner in the OBDII port under the dash and read any code stored in the ECU. Write them down, and come back and post them in this thread and someone should be able to fill you in on whats fixable and whats not. It might require a used replacement trans., parts to repair them are no longer availible from Ford. Radio is secondary, if the trans is too expensive to fix.

djwbdb

Re: newbie idk about limp mode

Post by djwbdb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:48 pm

thanks for the input hopefully I'll get it scanned this weekend but I can say after putting a battery in it takes a min or two for the light to come on and also the odo isn't working I haven't had a chance to check anything out on the car yet