CVT will go into all gears but wont move.

SeansFordSucks

CVT will go into all gears but wont move.

Post by SeansFordSucks » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:21 pm

I Have a 2005 ford freestyle with 72 thousand miles on it. Ever since four months ago my Freestyle will start up sometimes with the little wrench lit up on the dash and the dash saying Check Transmission. The Freestyle then wont be able to move, drive, reverse and low would act like neutral I would have to shut the car off then turn it back on to make it drive. But like a month ago I took the freestyle to a shop and it didn't throw any codes so they told me it was fine to drive. So I took it home. I tried to drive it and it wont move no matter what. I don't know what to do

ds32928

Re: CVT will go into all gears but wont move.

Post by ds32928 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:08 am

If driveable, stop at an nation wide autoparts store, ask them to hook up their OBDII scanner to the port in the vehicle and read the codes for you. If some show up, write them down and post them here. there may be codes now that weren't there a month ago.

If driving is a hassle, search this forum for posts about entering 'engineering mode', to read and record trouble codes from the info window in the gauge cluster.

The codes if any, might not specifically tell you what to fix, but will give you a direction to look, to find what is causing the problem.

Spots on the ground under the vehicle? Leaking CVT fluid?