PCM replacement

ereid

PCM replacement

Post by ereid » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:05 pm

looking to replacement my PCM and am in need of some instructions, anyone have some advice or a link? Trying to figure out the best way to access and what to do once i get the replacement install (start up, programming, keys, ETC?) Thanks guys!

jas88

Re: PCM replacement

Post by jas88 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:07 am

The PCM is under the hood underneath the cowl panel. You will need to remove your windshield wiper arms and the endpieces where the cowl panel meets the fender. Then the cowl panel is held down by several silver clips which face the engine, just slide them off with a screwdriver. PCM is on the right (passenger side). There are 3 plugs which you remove by pulling on the retainer bar at the top of the connector.

Once replaced, you will need the VIN in the trans and also the ABS module to be matched, otherwise you will get ABS and traction control lights on your dash.
2006 SE Silver w/Slate cloth

ereid

Post by ereid » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:10 pm

jas88 thanks for the response! I think I am ok getting to the PCM and putting the new one in, its after the install where I am leery. How do I get the VIN in the trans and also the ABS module to be matched?

jas88

Post by jas88 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:34 am

That is a very sticky wicket. You will need a dealer or other provider with the proper software to reprogram those modules with your VIN. Why are you replacing the PCM?
2006 SE Silver w/Slate cloth