Wrench Warning, Limp Mode

Fuzzball

Wrench Warning, Limp Mode

Post by Fuzzball » Mon May 28, 2018 6:33 pm

Hi guru's,

About a month ago I was driving the 08 Trex when I heard a Thunk and the wrench warning light illuminated. everything felt fine until I stopped at a red light and was unable to accelerate away. The RPM's would go up, but the vehicle would barely move. I made it home (about a mile), shut the truck off, then restarted and it drove fine, the wrench light went off.

I did searches here and on other sites and the best I could find was that I may need to clean or replace my Throttle Body.

The vehicle has run fine for a month, but the same thing happened yesterday. This time when I shut the truck off and restarted, it didn't work correctly and when I got back to the house (about a block), it set a code "P0715". When I went out today and fired it up, everything worked fine, but the code stayed. A quick trip showed that everything was working fine. I used my OBDII to clear the code, and the truck ran normal on a short drive.

I'd like to get a more permanent fix, but there have been so many different ideas tossed around, I'm not sure what to do.

Anyone got a recommendation that's based on experience?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
2008 Taurus X SEL - Merlot and Silver
1986 Buick Grand National
1966 Glassic Model "A" Phaeton

pwschuh

Re: Wrench Warning, Limp Mode

Post by pwschuh » Tue May 29, 2018 3:01 am

Search in this forum for "transmission" and "speed sensor." Several of us here have had this problem and posted about it. It's not uncommon.
2008 TX Limited
Silver Birch Metallic/Black leather
WeatherTech floormats all rows
Bought used on 17 Nov 10 with 20,000 miles