Transmission Issue?

Mneff2003

Transmission Issue?

Post by Mneff2003 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Hey guys, I have had an 06 Ford Freestyle for a few months now. Recently it has started doing something strange. It's not every time, but getting more and more common.

I start it and put it in reverse and it revs up but doesn't move. Put in in gear and it has a delay in its get up. The check engine light will come on. I shur the car off and turn it back on and its fine again for a day or so. Then it will do it again. I had the code read and it comes back the pcv valve. Can this be causing all this issue? Any idea? Please help. I have just put in a new starter, alternator and battery.. I'm at the end of my ropes.

xvert

Re: Transmission Issue?

Post by xvert » Fri May 11, 2018 1:42 am

Mneff2003 wrote: I start it and put it in reverse and it revs up but doesn't move.. I had the code read and it comes back the pcv valve. Can this be causing all this issue? Any idea? ..
I wonder what kind of OBD-code you got? PCM cannot determine directly the fault of PCV-valve (even heating). But you can easily wash, clean and test the PCV line and valve (or replace the PCV valve).
But most likely your problem is not related to the PCV valve. If there are no other fault codes of CVT or engine, there is a destruction of CVT input shaft planetary gear teeth, needle bearing or other troubles that can be eliminated by any mechanic (there are instructions on this site and many people did this work on their own). Such a malfunction must necessarily be accompanied by " helicopter noise". The problem of the absence of the rear gear is explained as follows: when moving forward, the torque of engine is transmitted from the input shaft to the drive pulley directly, when moving rear, planetary gear is used.
Put in in gear and it has a delay in its get up. The check engine light will come on. I shur the car off and turn it back on and its fine again for a day or so. Then it will do it again.
Looks like a CVT-fluid pressure problem. You can try to replace the pan-filter. HP-filter can do not be changed because it is in the control line of the torque Converter (in my theory :) its malfunction may entail only a poor lubrication of the moving parts)
Also your troubles can be connected with transition of CVT in limp-mode. In this mode, it may seem that the car "does not move" It is necessary to know all fault codes accurately, because the causes of this issue can be problems of both the engine and CVT (you can not exclude your new alternator)