2007 Ford Freestyle Starting issue

jml61011

2007 Ford Freestyle Starting issue

Post by jml61011 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:15 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is James and I just wanted to give some helpful information for those having starting issues.

The Problem
When I came home one afternoon the car was running fine. I turned it off and went into the house. The next morning I got in the car and turned the key...and nothing! I was like "What the heck!"

I checked the fuses and everything else that I could do other than what I could have done had I acquired a voltage meter. What I did try though just to see if it was possible...was using a screwdriver to arc the starter and...BAM! It worked. So I did this for a few days till I could get it to the shop.

The Solution
I took my car to the shop and had them look it over. What was only supposed to be an hour, hour and a half...turned into five hours. But finally, after waiting for ever...they told me it was the ignition switch.

So as they were going through all the electronics trying to pinpoint the issue of why the car would not start, they came across something interesting. Most cars have a general to do list for checking the electrical and power system to find why the car wont start. But the Freestyle's process is backward.

Anyways I hope this helps. And by the way, if you are looking for a good shop to go to. Jackson Motors located at 645 N. Hwy 88/49 in Jackson, CA. is pretty good.

James.

Splicer

Re: 2007 Ford Freestyle Starting issue

Post by Splicer » Sat May 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Thanks for the tip.
2007 Freestyle Limited FWD 297,000+ miles 8)
2004 Escape XLT FWD 251,000+ :)
2006 Escape Hybrid AWD 121,000+ :mrgreen: