05 Freestyle dash cluster quit but all dash lights are illuminated

Lx99x

05 Freestyle dash cluster quit but all dash lights are illuminated

Post by Lx99x » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Damnest thing happened earlier today. Driving on the highway around 70mph and my TECH/SPEDO/TEMP gauge all crapped the bed on me. At the same time the ABS/Traction control/ CEL/ brake light and airbag lights all came on. I got it home and noticed if I went from Park to D-N-R back and forth the car jolted in either direction. I ran the on board diagnostic test which showed that the instrument panel itself was fine (all gauges tested out and working). Something tells me my PCM is fried. Anyone else deal with this before? I'm experienced fixing my pos freestyle (I aint kidding my wife loves it and its a reliable beater for the most part). I've dealt with the failing haldex pump, the junk throttle bottle, and the obnoxious A/C pump design (you'll know what I mean if you've dealt with it too). Never have I dealt with the problem I'm having now. Hoping my findings are wrong.

I did disconnect the battery and let it sit for a little bit hoping that would fix my issue but it did not.

Lx99x

Re: 05 Freestyle dash cluster quit but all dash lights are illuminated

Post by Lx99x » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:37 pm

Seems like either this site gets very low traffic or no one has ever dealt with this issue. The problem with the FS was that the PCM somehow got wet. I let it dry out and the issues disappeared. Cars back to 100%

Splicer

Post by Splicer » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:53 am

Yeah, the Freestyle is at EOL anymore and no one really comes here as they have moved on. I still come here though. :lol:

Never [thankfully] dealt with your issue. I'm glad it was an easy and cheap [free] fix. I guess the next question to answer is how it got wet and tackle that issue so it doesn't happen again. :)

And WELCOME! This is a seriously informative place for anything Freestyle. 8)
2007 Freestyle Limited FWD 297,000+ miles 8)
2004 Escape XLT FWD 251,000+ :)
2006 Escape Hybrid AWD 121,000+ :mrgreen:

jas88

Post by jas88 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:14 am

Splicer's right, there aren't too many folks left out there running the FS and trying to keep it alive, but I am. I don't want another car, I love this one.
2006 SE Silver w/Slate cloth

travisc

Post by travisc » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:11 pm

I recently had this issue on my 2007 Freestyle. After doing some research it turns out these gauge clusters have all sorts of issues. So i sent it off to automotive circuit solutions they rebuilt it for about $100. It's been about a month now issues never returned and if they do i have a lifetime warranty with there repair. here is a link to there website https://www.automotivecircuitsolutions. ... ir-service