Swapped bad engine now no vrooom! Help!

Atwhitsend

Swapped bad engine now no vrooom! Help!

Post by Atwhitsend » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:09 am

Hi i am reaching out to anyone that may be able to help me. I recently bought a beautiful 08 trex with blown head gasket. Engine was trashed so replaced with donor from local junkyard. After many many hours of hard work i hit the key and no vroooom! Just cranks. Did some investigation and found that engine was from a lincoln and i needed to use my factory engine wiring harness... Which had already been scrapped.😡 $250 later i had a trex harness. I carefully installed... And still nothing. No spark. No fuel. And a mess of codes. If anyone is still reading get back to me...im stumped

pwschuh

Re: Swapped bad engine now no vrooom! Help!

Post by pwschuh » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:56 am

Don't think too many on here have done an engine swap on a T'Rex, nor have I. If you have no spark and no fuel, then all signs point to a computer issue, don't they? Do you have a wiring diagram that shows where to test that the fuel pump triggering signal and the ignition triggering signal are active when you crank?
2008 TX Limited
Silver Birch Metallic/Black leather
WeatherTech floormats all rows
Bought used on 17 Nov 10 with 20,000 miles

Atwhitsend

Post by Atwhitsend » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:17 am

Thank you for responding. I do not have diagrams. The major code right now says that the cam and crank sensors are not synchronized. Bad crank sensor?

Atwhitsend

Post by Atwhitsend » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:25 am

And yes.. It seems computer related to me also. I have fuel pressure at the rail but no injector pulse voltage. I am not sure if this helps but i did have the battery out in excess of 15+ days. Reflash? Someone had mentioned that possibly be an anti theft issue but the theft light is not on during cranking.

pwschuh

Post by pwschuh » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:59 am

No injector pulses could be a bad sensor. It could be other things too. I assume you have reset the codes and these are the ones that are still coming back? Sensors are generally pretty cheap so throwing a new one on is a good troubleshooting step.
2008 TX Limited
Silver Birch Metallic/Black leather
WeatherTech floormats all rows
Bought used on 17 Nov 10 with 20,000 miles

Atwhitsend

Post by Atwhitsend » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:19 am

Yes codes have been reset. No inj pulse or spark. I really am hoping that i dont have to remove the engine again as it is a huge pita! I am waiting for a local guy here for some assistance as he is supposed to be a knowledgeable "ford guy".

spy1309

Post by spy1309 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Sorry to say but you might need to end up to replace the engine....the bigest mistake you did was by not going to replace the engine from another scraped TRex....lincoln engine can have different sensors and different calibration ECU as they were rated a bit more in HP output...