Abs, parking brake, traction control and Check break system warnings!

Amanda_Nicole

Abs, parking brake, traction control and Check break system warnings!

Post by Amanda_Nicole » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:41 pm

I have a 2008 Taurus and recently hit a pot hole that popped both passenger side tires. It also bent the rear rim so I bought a new rim and tire and everything seemed to be fine. Last night I got on the highway and when I hit 70 mph all my brake lights came on. Abs, Parking brake, Traction Control and a Check Break System message came on the dash! My car seemed to continue driving and breaking as normal but the light didn't go off until I turned the car off. It didn't happen again until I got back in the highway hitting 70. Does anybody have any idea what this could be. I'm already out $400 dollars on a rim and 2 new tires. I really don't want to take it to a shop for them to charge me triple! Please help!!

DanfromSterling

Re: Abs, parking brake, traction control and Check break system warnings!

Post by DanfromSterling » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:39 am

Do you have awd.... If so this could be issue? Purchase same used tire off ebay at right tread?
https://www.lesschwab.com/learn/article ... wd-vehicle

spy1309

Re: Abs, parking brake, traction control and Check break system warnings!

Post by spy1309 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Your error comes from the wheel speed sensors , most likely the rear wheel ones, you might have damaged one or bith of the rear wheel bearings or just the sensor in the wheel bearing housing, go to a shop and get a reading and see what wheel triggers the codes