Re: Thanks for the add!I LI

Jack Patti

Post by Jack Patti » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:42 am

I live in Illinios.I just picked up an 05 Awd freestyle with 100000 miles.I bought it from the 2nd owner that said the trans has never been serviced.My question is does anyone know of a shop in Northern Illinois that is familiar with this CVT trans?I am not a Diy.

mmsstar

Re: Re: Thanks for the add!I LI

Post by mmsstar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:06 am

Welcome, it’s not necessary to post the same thing in different places. It scatters answers.
Drove an 06 LTD FWD from July 08 to August 10, moved on to a 2011 Flex

DanfromSterling

Post by DanfromSterling » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:44 am

I have 4..... Ford Freestyles... 2 extra picked up cheap in storage. Also have 2 more in the family, in laws and my parents. I have changed the pan filter on 2 of them and high pressure filter. Rest I have not... If you change the pan filter you need to be very careful not to cross thread the bolts when putting back in as aluminum block. I cross threaded on both vehicles I did and had to retap the holes. On my personal driver, I bought at 84k and I have only drained the fluid and added new back in. No filter changes.... Have 185k on car now.

I recommend no filter changes. Just drain fluid and measure how much came out and put that same amount back in. Also buy the trans fluid from ford. Genuine Ford Fluid XT-7-QCFT Continuously Variable Chain Type Transmission Fluid - 1 Quart.... It is about $9 quart and you will need 6. Valvoline and others make cvt fluid but..... Don't risk it and buy the ford fluid...

Easy do it yourself.... Drain plug on pan. Pull the cold air tube to get access and fill plug on top of trans.