Project Freestyle or "What have I done"

rattlenbang

Project Freestyle or "What have I done"

Post by rattlenbang » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:37 pm

Hello all, I just picked myself up a project 2007 Freestyle for next to nothing and looking forward to getting it going. Its an AWD limited version that's been sitting for awhile. It's in great overall shape but no battery, and when I plopped a battery into it, I got a dead car. Not totally dead, as the cd player made its resetting sounds, but everything else was dead. No dash lights when I turned ignition to on, just a slowly blinking anti-theft light. Nothing works, not even electric locks, windows or power seats. Has the security system tripped? Does that disable everything in the vehicle? If not for the security light and the noise of the cd player I'd think the battery is dead. Before I start tearing things apart I want to make sure what is normal and not for a car that's sat for 18 months and without a battery for at least part of that.
Thanks for your help.

Thisguy4404

Re: Project Freestyle or "What have I done"

Post by Thisguy4404 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:02 pm

I would let it sit with the battery in it for 20 minutes or so and see if you get anything. I had a vw bug recently that took about 10 minutes for the computer to come to life to crank the car.