Minor Forum Upgrade

Webmaster
Site Admin

Minor Forum Upgrade

Post by Webmaster » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:21 pm

So I implemented a minor forum upgrade a few hours ago. If you notice anything weird, let me know here or use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.

Basically the updated forum script is more secure, and should be a little bit faster. The icons seen around here have changed slightly (they load much faster). The only really noticeable thing will likely be that your member profile pic and info is on the right of the post instead of the left.

If you're on mobile, you can use the emoji's as part of your device's keyboard now.

If you have any comments or questions about this change (good or bad), just let me know.

Webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Minor Forum Upgrade

Post by Webmaster » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:49 pm

It's come to my attention that some people are having login issues. If you are having login issues, the first thing to do is delete your site cookies. Click this link - ucp.php?mode=delete_cookies - and then try to login again.

If it doesn't work, there is a known issue with Android devices and the Chrome web browser. If you use Chrome, go here to delete site cookies: Menu: Settings > Adanced > Privacy > Content Settings > Cookies > All Cookies and Site Data and then scroll down to MyFordFreestyle.com entry and remove all entries

Webmaster
Site Admin

Post by Webmaster » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:34 pm

I made one more tweak regarding the cookies in an attempt to put an end to any cookie/login issues. After your next login you should be fine. If not, contact me using the Contact Us link below.

JimSmith94

Post by JimSmith94 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:34 pm

After deleting my cookies a couple days ago, I had to log in again just now. I'll see if your new fix sticks from now on.

Webmaster
Site Admin

Post by Webmaster » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:08 pm

JimSmith94 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:34 pm
After deleting my cookies a couple days ago, I had to log in again just now. I'll see if your new fix sticks from now on.
It really should be fine. Apparently when I made a tweak when I did the upgrade, I missed a step. I did that step that I missed so we should be in the clear.

JimSmith94

Post by JimSmith94 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Webmaster wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:08 pm
JimSmith94 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:34 pm
It really should be fine. Apparently when I made a tweak when I did the upgrade, I missed a step. I did that step that I missed so we should be in the clear.
Yep, it worked tonight! So far so good! :D