Got an 06 Freestyle SEL AWD

verchad

Got an 06 Freestyle SEL AWD

Post by verchad » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:32 am

I have recently inherited an 06 Freestyle SEL AWD, black over gray, 7 passenger, about 61,000 miles. Fairly well maintained (Was a low mile lease bought from carmax by a relative who then sold it to my mom). The traction control light stays on, not sure how long its been like that, my mom never mentioned it. Car seems to drive fine. Any input on the traction control issue or what to expect with this vehicle would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Could having a different wheel on one wheel on the car effect the traction control light? About 2 years ago, my mom hit something that damaged the factory left rear wheel. Where she took it to told her what there cost was for a ford replacement wheel vs. generic wheels they had that would fit. It was a large difference, she went with the generic wheel on that corner.

Scotty17

Re: Got an 06 Freestyle SEL AWD

Post by Scotty17 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:19 am

2005 SEL AWD

"The traction control light stays on" are you talking about the traction control button . I found out that when the light is "On" it actually means that its turned " Off.

You need to press it and make sure the light in the off position for traction control to be active.

This setting I leave on always.

verchad

Re: Got an 06 Freestyle SEL AWD

Post by verchad » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:58 pm

Whether the button is pressed on or off, the little traction control light in the instrument cluster stays lit