p0942 code intermittantly coming on after input shaft/bearing repair ,then staying on steady .

Jim likes catwalks

p0942 code intermittantly coming on after input shaft/bearing repair ,then staying on steady .

Postby Jim likes catwalks » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:00 pm

hello everyone have a po 942 code coming up on my obd2 code reader valve body appeared really clean but anyone have any suggestions how to get it out of limp mode I had it workong drove about 80 kms then in morning wrench came on and haven't been able to get it off all orings appear okay but is there something in valve body that I specially need to look at thank my wife would really like to drive car again has 217000 kms on it was able to get a core for 200 dollars which was cool fabbed up all tools I needed to strip it right down as I didn't catch the helicopter noise in time so had to get primary variator input shaft rebuilt 170 dollars which I thought was pretty good I suspect the wrench issue had already happened when I first took it apart but unfortunately I didn't check codes before I ripped it apart

xvert

Re: p0942 code intermittantly coming on after input shaft/bearing repair ,then staying on steady .

Postby xvert » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:41 am

I would replace the pan filter with seal or inspect its.
When I was repairing my cvt I was afraid of situation like your. So I replaced all the parts I could buy. However, after driving 100 miles I got a code about the problem with the oil pressure. The only non-original parts was the pan filter with oil seal. It turned out that the diameter of the filter tube is slightly smaller than the OE filter. Now my cvt is in good shape.

Jim likes catwalks

Re: p0942 code intermittantly coming on after input shaft/bearing repair ,then staying on steady .

Postby Jim likes catwalks » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:53 pm

Thanks I changed mine to a wix filter which seems to fit pretty good butI will check diameter with calipres tomorrow appreciate the input.

Return to “Drivetrain”