07 SEL cranks but wont start. OBDII codes are as follows...

cultural_infidel

07 SEL cranks but wont start. OBDII codes are as follows...

Post by cultural_infidel » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Hooked up my code scanner to my 07 SEL and received the following codes, in order:

P2112 / P2104 / P2111 / P2104 / P2111 / P2112

Does this mean the throttlebody needs replacement? or is there something else that I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance! I had a previous account on here but couldnt recall the name for the life of me. Been a year or two +.

cultural_infidel

Re: 07 SEL cranks but wont start. OBDII codes are as follows...

Post by cultural_infidel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:41 am

will replacing the throttlebody solve this code? I am antsy to get this figured out. My wife is hounding me

RVAFreestyle

Post by RVAFreestyle » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:47 pm

I disclaimer I dont have a cess to my DTC info and its late... so check your fault codes and conditions first. See if there is comanality, rule out recent work, check the usual for no starts with cranking (battery, fuel cut out, fuel pressure, compression).

If you still suspect Tbody issues take the air inlet tube off inspect to aee if the throttle blade upstream and downstream sides are dirty and if the bore is carboned up.

If it is, clean it after disconnecting the battery, remove the throttle. Use gloves an old tooth brush, breakable 2+2 throttle cleaner or similar and a rag. The blade and bore ahould be cleaned of deposits regularly about one every 30k.

Dirty tbody can cause idle, surge, response and occasionally dtcs. I never have seen a failed tbody cause a no start on a FS but i is possible

Only conceivable way it wpuld be loss of TPS signal or the blade is so restricted that it cant returb to the idle position and. the PCM thinks you ate putting it in clear flood mode.
ASE Master Tech L1, X1, A9
ASE Master Collision Repair Technician
ASE Parts & Collision Estimator Certified

2010 Expedition, 2005 Freestyle, 1999 Explorer Sport, 1997 Mustang GT

Webmaster
Site Admin

Post by Webmaster » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:26 pm

OBD codes, try this https://www.obd-codes.com/

dubbbber@msn.com

Post by dubbbber@msn.com » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:39 am

Also on the odd chance check the fuel switch behind the passenger side kick panel on the right side, under the dash... who knows maybe the car got bumped and it shut off??