Just Some Random Work

pmassey31545

Just Some Random Work

Postby pmassey31545 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:36 pm

SO. Decided to make some changes and do some needed maintenance.

I installed some Bi-xenon headlights. They seem to work pretty good, but really can't tell much of a huge difference between low and high beam. Unless they are shining on objects within a 100-120 feet or so. My point is they don't really light up down range any better than when on low on a dark road. But, the light is bright and white.

I installed LED parking/turn signals in the front. VERY NICE!!! Had to install a load resister to get them to flash correctly, but so far they work great.

Changed my oil. Used Motorcraft 5W-20 and Motorcraft filter 820S.

Also change the front/top motor mount. That thing is a major pain to get back in. Removal was pretty easy as I just used a Saws-all to cut the old one and it came right out. I ended up removing the whole bracket to hammer the new one in because my C clamp and my vise just wouldn't press it in. Any way...got it and she is good to go for a while.
2007 Limited AWD
2002 F150 Lariat Supercrew, 2005 Kawasaki 1500 Classic, 1999 Toyota Camry, 2010 VW Routan

FordTaurus

Re: Just Some Random Work

Postby FordTaurus » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Can I ask you about the bi-xenon headlights? Was the installation plug and play? Which brand did you purchased, will they be long lasting according to owners' reviews of you had read them?

What do you think about led headlights?

I am asking because I wanted to try buying from eBay, but I read internet owner's reviews said they failed after a few months.

pmassey31545

Re: Just Some Random Work

Postby pmassey31545 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:12 pm

I got the bulbs and ballasts on Amazon. I read a lot of reviews and they were mixed. Plug and play? Yes and no. I didn't have to rewire or cut wires, but you have to run the kit and mount the ballasts for the lights. It was easy enough if you have ANY technical ability. Took me 30 minutes maybe.

LED? Not sure. That's what I really wanted to go with. But couldn't find a set I was comfortable with. I have a plug and play LED in my motorcycle that was converted from halogen and it works great.

As far as longevity...again, reviews seemed like they lasted as long or longer than halogen. I guess I'll see eventually.
2007 Limited AWD
2002 F150 Lariat Supercrew, 2005 Kawasaki 1500 Classic, 1999 Toyota Camry, 2010 VW Routan

Return to “General Topics”