Ford say's it needs new tranny (not true)

an_electricman

Ford say's it needs new tranny (not true)

Post by an_electricman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:15 pm

I have a 2007 freestyle, that the transmission safety/lock out would prevent the car from driving in forward or reverse. (The wrench repair icon would display on the dash.) When the mechanic opened the transmission pan the filter was off & they reinstalled it, It worked fine, then soon it fell off again & the mechanic reinstalled it with a more secure different design of filter (ford must have redesigned the filter to the set better.)It was the transmission filter that fell off that caused the transmission lockout to prevented it from driving. I hope that helps, It's a nice car otherwise.

tamsed

Re: Ford say's it needs new tranny (not true)

Post by tamsed » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi,

My Freestyle is at the dealer garage right now with the exact same diagnostic. They oppened the CVT but they still have no clue of what could cause the problem. I strongly suspect they don't do CVT often... Do you have some more details about how your technician found the promblem ?

They told me it might be an O-ring that is complicated to change but not really expensive. Otherwise they have to change the whole pump witch is 2800 CAD....

Thanks for you post