So Ford only makes one clockspring for our cars. You get all the wires either way, and I'm clearly missing the wires going from the clockspring to the radio. BUT, Here's how I was able to install the buttons anyway.
Obviously get the wires and the module from ebay.
1. Remove the airbag module.
This, is not for the faint of heart. It's scary as f*#k. Pardon the language but it's really out there. Just STOP HERE if you read all the instructions below and go "I don't want to do that."
- * Move the front seat all the way back.
* Disconnect the battery negative. (Hint: Move the front seat back first.)
* Give the car a few minutes to drain all the power from the system.
* Open the bottom of the steering wheel using a flat head screw driver. There are two tabs on the human side
* You will see two snap rings. Take a picture so you know what this is supposed to look like. These seem evil, but they ain't teebag. There are two 1cm thick pieces of black plastic that the loop closest to the edge will rest on, move them in and onto those.
* Entire airbag module pulls straight out, be gentle.
* Disconnect wires.
* Remove the blank plate from the module using a torx whatever screwdriver.
* Put the buttons in and remove the old button wiring harness.
* Put the new harness in and be sure to tuck the wires under the tabs. the side with the horn connectors (Black and blue spades) is the speed control side.
* Put the connector with 3 wires into the bottom connector and the fully populated one into the top.
* Put the airbag module back in place and move the snaprings back to their position.
* Reconnect negative terminal
* START CAR FROM PASSENGER SIDE SEAT FOR FIRST RUN TO BE SURE YOU DIDN'T SCREW UP THE AIRBAG
* Do Engine idle programming procedure (05 manual page 246)
* Enjoy the lights but not the buttons.
I'll be working on finding the wire I need, so don't take this as the end of the saga.