If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Noise at Park and Neutral......nerve wrecking....

Africa_FS_07

Re: Noise at Park and Neutral......nerve wrecking....

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Jack Watts wrote:I don't see why they'd have to re-flash the computer if you're using the same type of transmission, but I'm willing to be wrong on that one.

As far as them "not having the reflash" though? They can download it from Ford's website. All they need is a compatible download cable, which I would think a dealer would have??

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/ ... uIndex1=22

There's a list of compatible devices there. A subscription is $33.00 for 3 days. It's hard to believe that a Ford dealer wouldn't have a Ford-compatible flashing tool?

thanks a million for your post, Jack.

well, hope smashed to "Smither-ens" again after the inspection.

the Freestyle checked was badly damaged from a Front collision. also, the Trans fluid appears to be red, not clear or brown-black or golden........i need to look again at the option of importing a USED CVT unit from the U.S.
i wonder who "Voodoo Bob of the Dead Poets Society" is hounding now.....:mrgreen:

jpz

Post by jpz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:13 pm

Have you tried looking on Ebay yet? Every time I have looked, there has been quite a few transmissions there.

knowitall

Post by knowitall » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:51 am

Instead of whining and moaning (pun intended), just find you a used car in your area.

http://www.autotrader.co.za/

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:17 am

jpz wrote:Have you tried looking on Ebay yet? Every time I have looked, there has been quite a few transmissions there.
Yes, it would be one of the places i'll check regularly from now on, thanks a lot.

mr knowitall, thanks for the Link, but if i don't repair it what then should i do with the Freestyle when no one will buy it? :shock: ? advise....
i wonder who "Voodoo Bob of the Dead Poets Society" is hounding now.....:mrgreen:

nightflyer

Post by nightflyer » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 am

Africa_FS_07 wrote:
jpz wrote:Have you tried looking on Ebay yet? Every time I have looked, there has been quite a few transmissions there.
Yes, it would be one of the places i'll check regularly from now on, thanks a lot.

mr knowitall, thanks for the Link, but if i don't repair it what then should i do with the Freestyle when no one will buy it? :shock: ? advise....
You can always sell the parts for other FS owners in your area. Then they don't have to pay import shipping :)
2006 FWD Ford Freestyle SEL
2004 Hyundai Sonata 2.7 V6 base

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:48 am

nightflyer wrote:
Africa_FS_07 wrote:...mr knowitall, thanks for the Link, but if i don't repair it what then should i do with the Freestyle when no one will buy it? :shock: ? advise....
You can always sell the parts for other FS owners in your area. Then they don't have to pay import shipping :)
:lol: hehe! :lol:

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Sun May 26, 2013 10:18 am

UPDATE:

well, after searching high and low, i finally bought a totaled 2005 Freestyle at COPART (with help from my relation in N.Y.)........i've got some of its pictures IF you'd like to see them knowitall :lol:

they say it runs and drives well.

i took this decision, believing the "Run and Drive" verification it offers would be my best protection, and not a warranty which i have NO way of making use IF i bought only the Trans with Warranty.

bought the totaled Car for $1,650......auction charges and "etc" took it up to $2,040.......towing and dismantling will take it all up to $2,700.

there's still Shipping and Customs to add later.

my plan is to get the following taken out and shipped to me, to be kept as spares....i'm preparing a list right now:

1...Trans and Engine to be cut out WHOLE from the donor car.
2....ECM/PCM (Computer)
2...Alternator
3....AC Compressor
4....Fuel Sending Unit Assembly and Tank
5....ALL Airbags and sensors
6....Power Steering Pump
7....Windscreen/Windshield and ALL Six side glasses......and Rear Glass (from Liftgate)
8....Wiper Motor, front and Rear
9....Control Arms and Knuckles (just in case)

only snag is that the donor car is an SE....i have a LTD......aarg, i should have been told before it was chosen :x .....as a result of this, i'm not sure the ALTERNATOR and AC COMPRESSOR would be compatible with my LTD car (our LTD has Rear Air).

QUESTIONS FOR YOU KIND SIRS:
1....What do you think about the Alternator and Compressor from the donor SE car, with respect to my LTD car?

2....what other things do you think i should tell them to takeout?

in the meantime, i'm trying to stay Positive, reminding myself that Knowitall's car is an SE........aaarg, mr Piratepress's car was also an SE :shock: , and knowitall hasn't even hit 100k miles yet!!! :x

GOD help me as i wait for the CVT to get our Freestyle back on the road where it should belong (Faith as a Mustard Seed O LORD.....) :|

(FATHER, I've sinned.....i bought a Ford with a CVT :lol: )

MrDinMN

Post by MrDinMN » Sun May 26, 2013 1:29 pm

My SE has rear air, FYI.

dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Africa_FS_07 wrote:UPDATE:

well, after searching high and low, i finally bought a totaled 2005 Freestyle at COPART (with help from my relation in N.Y.)........i've got some of its pictures IF you'd like to see them knowitall :lol:

they say it runs and drives well.

i took this decision, believing the "Run and Drive" verification it offers would be my best protection, and not a warranty which i have NO way of making use IF i bought only the Trans with Warranty.

bought the totaled Car for $1,650......auction charges and "etc" took it up to $2,040.......towing and dismantling will take it all up to $2,700.

there's still Shipping and Customs to add later.

my plan is to get the following taken out and shipped to me, to be kept as spares....i'm preparing a list right now:

1...Trans and Engine to be cut out WHOLE from the donor car.
2....ECM/PCM (Computer)
2...Alternator
3....AC Compressor
4....Fuel Sending Unit Assembly and Tank
5....ALL Airbags and sensors
6....Power Steering Pump
7....Windscreen/Windshield and ALL Six side glasses......and Rear Glass (from Liftgate)
8....Wiper Motor, front and Rear
9....Control Arms and Knuckles (just in case)

only snag is that the donor car is an SE....i have a LTD......aarg, i should have been told before it was chosen :x .....as a result of this, i'm not sure the ALTERNATOR and AC COMPRESSOR would be compatible with my LTD car (our LTD has Rear Air).

QUESTIONS FOR YOU KIND SIRS:
1....What do you think about the Alternator and Compressor from the donor SE car, with respect to my LTD car?

2....what other things do you think i should tell them to takeout?

in the meantime, i'm trying to stay Positive, reminding myself that Knowitall's car is an SE........aaarg, mr Piratepress's car was also an SE :shock: , and knowitall hasn't even hit 100k miles yet!!! :x

GOD help me as i wait for the CVT to get our Freestyle back on the road where it should belong (Faith as a Mustard Seed O LORD.....) :|

(FATHER, I've sinned.....i bought a Ford with a CVT :lol: )
Whereabouts is your relation in NY? I badly need to replace my bench seat. I'm beginning to get to the area where I don't really care what color it is anymore because I need a working chair more than a nice funny looking load floor. Maybe I could offer you a few bucks for it and help you knock down the price of this whole mess.

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Mon May 27, 2013 1:27 am

dieKatze88 wrote:Whereabouts is your relation in NY? I badly need to replace my bench seat. I'm beginning to get to the area where I don't really care what color it is anymore because I need a working chair more than a nice funny looking load floor. Maybe I could offer you a few bucks for it and help you knock down the price of this whole mess.
he's in Staten Island.

i'll PM his number to you.

please know that the Seats are Fabric/Clothe seats, not Leather........you could even take ALL the seats if its OK.....they need to be cleaned though.

i would be willing to Part out any other item to any folks needing them please, including the ones i had already listed above (excluding the Tranny), THANKS :mrgreen:
Last edited by Africa_FS_07 on Mon May 27, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Mon May 27, 2013 5:23 am

MrDinMN wrote:My SE has rear air, FYI.
thanks for the info.

when you said "has rear air", did you mean the AC with the rear ROOF VENTS and Auxiliary Control? i thought the SE didn't have those.

in addition, Rockauto offers two different Part Numbers for the same Compressor and Alternator, with different capacities......one for cars with AC and Rear Air, AND one without Rear Air.

its also written on the Label on the Radiator area that shows the Refrigerant capacities for AC with and Without Rear Air.

MrDinMN

Post by MrDinMN » Mon May 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Africa_FS_07 wrote:
MrDinMN wrote:My SE has rear air, FYI.
thanks for the info.

when you said "has rear air", did you mean the AC with the rear ROOF VENTS and Auxiliary Control? i thought the SE didn't have those.

in addition, Rockauto offers two different Part Numbers for the same Compressor and Alternator, with different capacities......one for cars with AC and Rear Air, AND one without Rear Air.

its also written on the Label on the Radiator area that shows the Refrigerant capacities for AC with and Without Rear Air.
Yes, my SE has roof vents & controls. It was an option on that model, so not all SEs will have it.

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:28 pm

MrDinMN wrote:Yes, my SE has roof vents & controls. It was an option on that model, so not all SEs will have it.
wow, thanks for the great info.

i might just end up lucky then IF the Compressor and Alternator from this SE fits mine in the end.

for now, i don't have any issues with these two parts, just wanted to keep the ones from this SE as back-up.

again, thanks MrDinMN.

jpz

Post by jpz » Mon May 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Good luck with the whole deal Africa. The car you bought doesn't look too bad. No major damage on it, so hopefully you'll get the parts you need and be back on the road soon enough.

What is the deal with the plastic on the car? Does that mean the one window is broken?

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Mon May 27, 2013 1:47 pm

jpz wrote:Good luck with the whole deal Africa. The car you bought doesn't look too bad. No major damage on it, so hopefully you'll get the parts you need and be back on the road soon enough.

What is the deal with the plastic on the car? Does that mean the one window is broken?
thanks a lot JPZ,

Yes i hope the "charming lady" i once fell in love with gets fixed with this USED CVT, :lol: and she gets back on the road - run/drive like a Cheetah and climb like a Monster - like she used to do! :lol:

well, per the plastic, i realized after my first post yesterday that the last two glasses on the Right side are broken.......aarg, that's two Side Glasses short! :evil:

my primary Part need is its CVT though.