If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

How do I reset the oil indicator?

Cipher_Freestyle

How do I reset the oil indicator?

Post by Cipher_Freestyle » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi everyone, first of all I just want to say that im new to this forum and Im glad that I own a freestyle. I own a 2006 SEL model with 97k miles. My question is how do I reset the odometer/oil life indicator which is located on the gauge cluster? I read the manual and it said that I have to tap the Odo/Trip button which is located under the speedometer twice then hold it for ten seconds. Nothing happens though, am I doing anything wrong? I just got the oil changed and it still tells me that I have "0% oil life"...Any help will be appreciated

NorseaBlue

Re: How do I reset the oil indicator?

Post by NorseaBlue » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:19 pm

I'm sure your '06 SEL must have the "Message Center".. does it not? Try looking in the manual under how to reset the oil life indicator in vehicles equipped with message center's.
'05 SEL Norsea Blue/Shale Leather
Frt. Row Comfort/Aux Climate/50/50 3rd row

jas88

Re: How do I reset the oil indicator?

Post by jas88 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:06 pm

OK, on my 2005 FS with "Message Center", I found that the instructions in the manual were wrong on this. I kinda fumbled around until I figured it out and then wrote down the correct instructions. Here is what I do:

1) Perform System Check
2) The first function in the System Check is "Oil Life".
3) Hold the reset button until the display changes, then release.
4) Hold the reset button again until Oil Life = 100%

I hope this helps you.
2006 SE Silver w/Slate cloth