If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

LED headlight conversion

monty56

LED headlight conversion

Post by monty56 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:37 am

Wanting upgrade headlights from halogen to LED. Anyone notice a flickering problem? Shopping around on Amazon and some postings state to have a resistor added to prevent the flickering and increase life in the LED

Is the resistor necessary?

Freddiefreestyle

Re: LED headlight conversion

Post by Freddiefreestyle » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:04 pm

Hello,
I just did an led upgrade. Was plug and play. Just the light and a connection cable between the car connector and the led light. Its only been a week but I love them. Not super bright but much clearer and no shadow spots. I have a new-to-me 2005 se cvt. Have been slowly refurbishing it. Love it so far. It’s my work car. The lights I used after much research were... BEAMTECH H13 LED headlight bulb 50w. 6500k color. 8000 lumens total extremely bright 9008 hi/lo. Csp chips conversion kit from amazon for $38.99.

Scotty17

Post by Scotty17 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:57 am

05 SEL AWD

I just upgraded my headlights to LED's with amazing results, I would highly recommend these they are also DOT certified.

https://www.amazon.com/H13-9008-Hi-SEAL ... h13%2F9008

Also planning to also update my interior light to LED's as well.

fuxxy

Post by fuxxy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:45 pm

I purchased the JDM LED headlights from Amazon. Plug and Play installation.

They do not flash during operation, however I have noticed when I use the keyfob to unlock the car, they flash once quickly and then stay off until the car is started.

Also, the position of the LEDs inside the housing probably needs to be fine tuned. Low-Beams appear to be High-Beam from inside the car, and High-Beam, while the bulbs themselves are working, do not illuminate the same area of the road. One High-Beam seems to be pointing down at the road, and the other is who-knows-where.

Scotty17

Post by Scotty17 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:26 am

I ordered my LEDS lights from Sealight they make a error and flicker correction set for your freestyle.

https://sealight-led.com/collections/li ... ccessories