If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Fuel issue, have done a lot of troubleshooting

goatee

Fuel issue, have done a lot of troubleshooting

Post by goatee » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:37 pm

Okie dokie, 2005 Ford Freestyle FWD. My son typically drives this. One day he thought he ran out of gas. Car wouldn't start, we put it on a trailer and brought it home. I have done the following.
Got a code reader and did the following based off codes, reading etc.
Verified car WILL run if I spray starter of some kind down the intake.
Replaced Fuel Injection Pressure Sensor.
Replaced MAF.
Replaced fuel pump.
I have pushed the fuel reset (inertia) button as well as tried holding it down.
I have checked the fuel relay and fuses (i believe i've tested them all, if someone has a list i'll certainly double check). I swapped the fuel relay with the one for the AC which are the same as far as I can tell in the manul.
None of this made my fuel pump make a peep. Still nothing. I've read about Fuel Pump Driver Module being back where the sub/spare tire is BUT I cannot find a part to replace? It seems to me maybe that is a freeSTAR thing? I see different thing referencing replacing it but I cannot find an actual PART, I'd be more than happy to just order one and test it.
Any help would be great!

goatee

Re: Fuel issue, have done a lot of troubleshooting

Post by goatee » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:45 pm

Here's an example of the part being listed but again I don't see anywhere to get a module? Everything I find always eventually says something like "this doesn't fit your vehicle".

https://www.autozone.com/repairguides/F ... 3f802e83e4

ds32928

Post by ds32928 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:10 pm

The link is for a Freestar, Freestyle may not have one. You replaced the pass. side fuel pump, right?

goatee

Post by goatee » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:25 pm

Yep passenger side fuel pump. I put 12 volts to the old pump and it powers up so I feel pretty confident that 12 volts is not making it to the pump itself. Finally found my multimeter so I'm headed out to check some things.
Oh also my freestyle did have a fuel pump driver/delivery module. it is on the C pillar on the passenger side.

goatee

Post by goatee » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:13 pm

Well after some additional troubleshooting I found that the inertia switch must be bad. I pulled it and jumpered it after a suggestion on reddit and viola!

jas88

Post by jas88 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:57 am

Unusual failure, glad you found it.
2006 SE Silver w/Slate cloth