2005 Freestyle adding auto driving lights?

old barney

2005 Freestyle adding auto driving lights?

Post by old barney » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:12 pm

I have a nice 2005 freestyle all is good except I forget to turn on the headlights during rain or just all the time. I would like to add possibly some LED's inside the headlight assembly and keep it water tight. I can add a relay to energize them so when the ignition is on the lights will light. Walmart has string of lights that I believe will work. Getting them inside the assembly is the question maybe somebody has done this.
Are 2005 500 style light assembly the same? I could get a set from junk yard to experiment with.

Scotty17

Re: 2005 Freestyle adding auto driving lights?

Post by Scotty17 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:06 am

I recently upgraded my factory lights to LED, I highly recommend these they are also DOT Approved not some crap from China.

https://sealight-led.com/collections/s1 ... 000k-white

Hope this helps you out

Scotty17

Post by Scotty17 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:26 am

headlights.jpg
headlights.jpg (505.26 KiB) Viewed 56 times

old barney

Post by old barney » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:06 am

My Freestyle doesn't have the auto switch or the light censor in the dash. I would have to add all of that circuit.
The main reason for adding driving lights my Freestyle is GRAY in color. Almost the same color as the road. I have had many drivers pull out not seeing me coming down the road.
If the day arrives when my numbers come in and I have windfall of cash I'll buy a new something. I will then have a choice of color. I think maybe DOT yellow will be the next. Red my insurance will go up even though I have out grown the race thing. This day and age the younger generation is constantly on the phone talking/texting and not paying attention. So maybe color will help them see?
I had a deputy pull out almost "T" boning me because he had the cell phone up to his left ear. I watched him turn his head slightly but not far enough to be able to see me. He was on my right leaving a donut shop. Possibly dreaming about ??