AIR CONTROL VALVE( IAC)

diazjorge28

AIR CONTROL VALVE( IAC)

Post by diazjorge28 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:22 am

Hello
I have a freestyle ford 2005 when it is low you want to turn it off, I'm looking for this valve AIR CONTROL VALVE (IAC) but I can not find it if you can help me locate it.

thank

ds32928

Re: AIR CONTROL VALVE( IAC)

Post by ds32928 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:19 am

It's integrated in the throttle body plastic housing. Clean the grime off the the throttle body butterfly and metal throat by removing the throttle body using the proper procedure, neg. battery cable disconnected, and using throttle body spray cleaner only, available at Walmart, etc. Having the battery disconnected will re-set the ECU fuel table which is good also. With a cold engine, start the vehicle, let it idle in Park with all accessories off, until it comes up to normal temp. Foot on brake, put it in Drive for 1 min, turn A/C on for 1 min. (it may not come on if outside temp. is below 40 degrees), then drive car for 10 miles so the ECU can learn how much fuel to spray through the injectors, for various driving speeds.

MrBugatti

Post by MrBugatti » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 am

there is no IAC on the freestyle because it has a electronic throttle body that the computer can control

RVAFreestyle

Post by RVAFreestyle » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:01 pm

X2, take the coolant bypass hoses off the t-body. If you are careful you can take the entire nipple out of the t-body by undoing the two T-20 (?) torx on the nipple and pull straight out, then take the tbody OFF and clean it with throttle clean, a few clean terry cloth towels and an old tooth brush. clean it until it looks brand new. Then reinstall it.
ASE Master Tech L1, X1, A9
ASE Master Collision Repair Technician
ASE Parts & Collision Estimator Certified

2010 Expedition, 2005 Freestyle, 1999 Explorer Sport, 1997 Mustang GT