If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Wondering what this thing is

Willass Maximus
Regular Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:30 am

Wondering what this thing is

Post by Willass Maximus »

Taking apart the filter housing and hoses again this time for the throttle body. Never knew what this(picture) was but I sure am curious. Can't find that specific part on rock auto just to see the name of it.

Anyone else know? Specifically the box thing attached to the hose.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:26 pm

Re: Wondering what this thing is

Post by Webmaster »

Hi, it’s a resonator used to make the air intake quieter. It’s more technically called a Helmholtz resonator I believe. See https://duckduckgo.com/?q=air+intake+re ... ltz&ia=web