If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Posting Photos & Links on MyFordFreestyle.com

andyf80

Posting Photos & Links on MyFordFreestyle.com

Post by andyf80 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:50 pm

I wanted to create a quick tutorial for how to post photo’s & and links on this website.
It’s a process that if you’re not familiar with it - it could be a mystery and I’m hoping this helps.

Posting Pictures:
A quick note:
1) You see quote marks in the instructions (“…”) however, you will not need to use them.
2) I’m using Flickr.com to host my photos (because it’s free and easy), but any photo hosting site will work for your photos.
3) If the photo is already online (example: Google Photos) you can skip to step #8. These photos are already hosted and all you need is the link.

Basics:
If you want to post a photo that you’ve taken yourself (from your camera for instance) you’ll need to first ‘host’ it on an online website such as Flickr.com – The tutorial below will walk you through the steps.

Steps:
1) Create a Flickr account at: http://www.flickr.com
2) Once created - click on: "Upload Photos & Videos"

3) Next click on: "Choose Photos and Videos"

4) Locate the image you'd like to upload (it can be from your SD, saved on your hard drive etc)

5) You are able to add/upload multiple pictures at a time by clicking "add more". Once uploaded be sure to click "public" and "Upload Photos and Videos".

6) You'll now see the photos you've uploaded - click on "You" and we'll get the URL address in the next step:

7) Once you've selected the picture you'd like to post on the forum - right click on the photo and left click on the size of photo you'd like to post in the forum. (in my example i'm using "Medium 500")

8.) Once the photo is open - right click and left click on "Copy image URL". The image address is now added to your clip board and we'll use it in a later step.

9) Now Return to the forum and the post that you'd like to post your picture to: (note: you'll need to use the "Full Editor" reply method)

10) In this step you'll use the link that we've copied from step 8. Follow the sub-steps in the picture below to post your picture:

11) Hit the "Submit" button:

12) Your Picture should now appear in the post. Keep in mind that if you ever remove the picture from your Flickr account the photo will no longer be available on the forum. This is important if you take time to do a write up or DIY with linked pictures.

Posting Links:
Basics:
There are two ways to post a link on this forum.
Post the link showing the entire link (ex. http://www.google.com/)
or
Post the link showing a shorter description of the link (ex. My Link to Google )

For the purposes of this tutorial we'll be looking at the 2nd option and posting links as a shortened version.

Steps:
1. Highlight the site for which you'd like to link.

2. Right click and left click on "copy"

3. Return to the forum and thread you'd like to post in.

4. Click the URL button above. (note: you'll need to be using "full editor" in order to use this feature)

5. You will see: Image

6. You will now hit "CTRL+V" to paste your link where the cursor automatically is:

7. After this step you'll make replace the 2nd bracket with an "=" and then delete the "[url" (shown below)

8. Add the description you'd like the link to show - and hit the URL button once more.
It will show like this:

9. Remove the un-needed " ...

I know this may be elementary for some, but i'm hoping it may help those who aren't as familiar.
Last edited by andyf80 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2005 Freestyle 50k
2006 Honda Shadow

Webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Posting Photo’s on MyFordFreestyle.com

Post by Webmaster » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Thanks! I've made this thread sticky for future reference.

Africa_FS_07

Re: Posting Photos & Links on MyFordFreestyle.com

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:55 pm

nice and detailed tutorial, andyf80.....thanks.
i wonder who "Voodoo Bob of the Dead Poets Society" is hounding now.....:mrgreen: