If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Warm a/c while driving in the city [Solved]

WillsMum

Re: warm a/c while driving in the city

Post by WillsMum » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:59 am

Africa_FS_07 wrote:thanks a lot...i really hope this solves my a/c issues!!!

Africa,
Did this solve your issue?

Dealer told me "compressor" - wanted $1700.
I'm willing to try both the scroll valve as well as the blend door actuator (yes, I have clicks) to get this resolved. Not willing to spend $1700 for a new compressor

2007 AWD Ltd
Original Owner and only 88K miles - love this car
Lurker here since 2012, new member since 2015
2007 AWD Freestyle Ltd
2007 FWD Freestyle SEL (sons)
Want these cars to last forever

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:22 am

welcome, ma'am.

Yes, this Scroll Valve change solved my AC Issues for the "Hot Air while idling or in slow traffic and COLD Air while at Highway Speed" which this topic addresses......my wife and I were commenting on it a few days ago.

when i first changed the Scroll Valve, i did not change the Green O'Ring because the info on here back then did not say to change the Green O'Ring too along with the Valve, and about 6 months later, the Freon ran out through the little flat Cover at the back of the Compressor where the Scroll Valve resides................and we had the miserable hot air again.

i then did a Freon recharge and the Cold Air lasted for another 3 months.

So, finally i decided to change the Green O'Ring (only) early last year, and since that time, my AC's been "brrrrr" Cold, even in this HOT weathers down here........there was a clear difference in the girth of the new O'Ring compared with the old one, the old one had shrunk so bad.

my advise is you should change the Green O'ring at the same time as the Scroll Valve.....they are sold together.

you may or may not change the little long plastic Screen which also comes with the Pack though. I've not changed the Screen in ours and the AC is still so cold.
i wonder who "Voodoo Bob of the Dead Poets Society" is hounding now.....:mrgreen:

WillsMum

Post by WillsMum » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:37 am

Thank you
It's worth a try and with our autumn fast approaching, it can't hurt.

Will share success (or failure) with this very helpful group soon.

Africa_FS_07 wrote:welcome, ma'am.

Yes, this Scroll Valve change solved my AC Issues for the "Hot Air while idling or in slow traffic and COLD Air while at Highway Speed" which this topic addresses......my wife and I were commenting on it a few days ago.

when i first changed the Scroll Valve, i did not change the Green O'Ring because the info on here back then did not say to change the Green O'Ring too along with the Valve, and about 6 months later, the Freon ran out through the little flat Cover at the back of the Compressor where the Scroll Valve resides................and we had the miserable hot air again.

i then did a Freon recharge and the Cold Air lasted for another 3 months.

So, finally i decided to change the Green O'Ring (only) early last year, and since that time, my AC's been "brrrrr" Cold, even in this HOT weathers down here........there was a clear difference in the girth of the new O'Ring compared with the old one, the old one had shrunk so bad.

my advise is you should change the Green O'ring at the same time as the Scroll Valve.....they are sold together.

you may or may not change the little long plastic Screen which also comes with the Pack though. I've not changed the Screen in ours and the AC is still so cold.
2007 AWD Freestyle Ltd

CeacyM

Post by CeacyM » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:49 am

Onetear~ You're my hero!
2006 Limited FWD 75k

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:51 am

Ah. now that this Topic came back up, i'd like to report that my AC still works perfectly, still holds great charge and still BRRRRRR Cold since i changed the Green O'Ring early last year, roughly 18 months now.

i hope i won't spook it with the report though.

how has thine been, thou King of Mean, Mr knowitall?
i wonder who "Voodoo Bob of the Dead Poets Society" is hounding now.....:mrgreen:

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:44 pm

well, it got spooked.

a couple of weeks after i made the previous post, AC got less colder and then barely cold.

so, 3 weeks ago, i went to check and couldn't really find any leak anywhere, so i depressed the Low Side Port valve a tiny bit to see if it was still holding pressure (freon), and there was very little freon coming out.

This was a huge relief for me 'cos it shows that its not a Scroll Valve issue. If the System had held a lot of Freon and was still not cold, it would have pointed me in the direction of the Scroll Valve.

it showed the Freon had somehow either escaped God knows where or dried up one way or the other.

i filled it again with Freon (3 Cans) and its back to brrrr cold even when idle.

i've just bought this Leak Sealer and will put it in the System IF the Freon disappears mysteriously again, having used it in another car in the past and it worked great.

Webmaster
Site Admin

Post by Webmaster » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:12 pm

FYI here's a cheaper version from Amazon with great reviews - http://amzn.to/2iHLPSk

WillsMum

Re: Warm a/c while driving in the city [Solved]

Post by WillsMum » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:23 pm

Thanks, Webmaster, Spidey, and Africa
My son loved my 2007 LTD AWD so much, he bought a 2007 SEL -- and we know how to fix this issue
2007 AWD Freestyle Ltd

mike in ohio

Post by mike in ohio » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:09 am

Africa_FS_07 wrote:Ah. now that this Topic came back up, i'd like to report that my AC still works perfectly, still holds great charge and still BRRRRRR Cold since i changed the Green O'Ring early last year, roughly 18 months now.

Where did you get the O'ring?

mmsstar

Post by mmsstar » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:10 pm

Hey, Mike in Ohio! Whereabouts in the Buckeye state?
I'm out East of Cleveland.
Drove an 06 LTD FWD from July 08 to August 10, moved on to a 2011 Flex

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:32 pm

mike in ohio wrote:
Africa_FS_07 wrote:Ah. now that this Topic came back up, i'd like to report that my AC still works perfectly, still holds great charge and still BRRRRRR Cold since i changed the Green O'Ring early last year, roughly 18 months now.

[/qoute]

Site name is techchoiceparts.com.

Same place where most members got the scroll valves from. Just request only green O ring rubber seal.

Sells for $2 each.

See page 1 for pictures and part numbers.

Minnesota_Nice

Post by Minnesota_Nice » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:51 pm

I will give this scroll valve a try.
Last edited by Minnesota_Nice on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

mike in ohio

Post by mike in ohio » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:41 pm

mmsstar wrote:Hey, Mike in Ohio! Whereabouts in the Buckeye state?
I'm out East of Cleveland.
A little south of Canton

mike in ohio

Post by mike in ohio » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Africa_FS_07 wrote:
mike in ohio wrote:

[/qoute]

Site name is techchoiceparts.com.

Same place where most members got the scroll valves from. Just request only green O ring rubber seal.

Sells for $2 each.

See page 1 for pictures and part numbers.

Thanks!

WillsMum

Post by WillsMum » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:36 pm

SOLVED - scroll valve and green O-ring. Simple and inexpensive fix to AC not working at slow speeds.
2007 AWD Freestyle Ltd