If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Video link for Intake Manifold Removal 2005 Freestyle AWD

dmckmc

Video link for Intake Manifold Removal 2005 Freestyle AWD

Post by dmckmc » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVSGtP2UowM

Finally got this posted. It should help those who want to replace the rear plugs, egr, fuel injectors or pcv, clean the throttle body etc.

ds32928

Re: Video link for Intake Manifold Removal 2005 Freestyle AW

Post by ds32928 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:29 pm

Thank you for this. However the video stalls for me at 55 sec.

dmckmc

Post by dmckmc » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:22 am

It seems to work fine for me. It is a long video (about 12 min) maybe it just wasn't buffered enough for you to play. Here is what YouTube suggests:

Please follow the tips listed below if you're having trouble playing a video and it gets stuck at one pointplays in a choppy fashion (and will not continue to load):

1. Clear your browser's cache and cookies. To learn how to do this, please visit the following Help Center page.

2. Pause the video. Allow the red loading bar to load completely to the end of the player . Once the video's fully loaded play the video.

Video stuck (and will not continue to load)

This situation could be due to an incomplete copy is stuck in your browser's cache. If this is the case, the video will never fully buffer/load in this state.
You can attempt to resolve the situation and restart the video's buffering (loading) by clearing your browser's cache.

If after clearing your browser's cache, the video still will not play completely, you might want to check the stability of your internet connection. An unstable internet connection could be a reason for which the video will not load / buffer completely. You'll need a broadband connection with at least 500+Kbps for the best viewing experience.

ds32928

Post by ds32928 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:08 pm

I tried it again today, and it loads/plays ok now. It was just slow loading/buffering the other day. Thanks.

My estimate from the dealer was $360 to do the same job, with the lower o-ring gasket set and plugs. Ive got 124k on the factory installed single plat. plugs, (I pulled #4 plug out to have a look), that are around .74 instead of the factory .54 gap. With my '07 AWD, I get 17-19mpg in town, and 26mpg on the road, (wasn't running the AC). Even though Ive been working on my own cars for 46 years, nowdays, I find it too difficult to do even that moderate work anymore without the shoulders and back hurting for a month or so after. Guess I'll just wait for the wrench light to come on, caused by a mis-fire, and then immediately go to the dealer, or find a mech. familiar with the Ford 3 liter engine that can beat that $360 price.

Shepherd

Post by Shepherd » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:35 am

This site has been very helpful in working on the wife's FS.

Just installed a Volvo bushing in place of the torque roll resistor, all spark plugs (NGK TR55IX) and cleaned the throttle body too. Engine runs smoother, and the lurching/revving when going from forward to reverse, etc. has dissapeared.

Tnriverjet

Post by Tnriverjet » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:16 pm

dmckmc wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVSGtP2UowM

Finally got this posted. It should help those who want to replace the rear plugs, egr, fuel injectors or pcv, clean the throttle body etc.
Great video dmckmc! Did you re-use the intake gasket, or did you install a new one?
Tnriverjet
2005 Freestyle Ltd, AWD

dmckmc

Post by dmckmc » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:26 am

I did install new gaskets. They came as a kit from Fel Pro and included the upper, lower and throttle body gaskets. The gaskets could have been easily re-used however, as they were in great shape.

Richfig23

Re: Video link for Intake Manifold Removal 2005 Freestyle AWD

Post by Richfig23 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:06 am

Hey dmckmc. Thanks for creating the video and posting to Youtube. It was really helpful and convinced me that I could take on this project. I completed this past weekend and was able to complete the job in about 5 hours with help from my son. My freestyle is at 97,000 miles and it was due for its first spark plug change. Although some people might find it overkill, in addition to replacing the spark plugs ($18.30 for 6), I couldn't resist replacing all the coils ($275 for 6), the fuel injectors ($71 for 6), the fuel injector pressure sensor ($102), the EGR Valve ($112), the Connector Tube O-Ring ($8) the EGR valve mounts on this bracket that has O-Ring and can lead to vacuum leaks in future if not replaced), the PCV valve ($12), as well as using all new gaskets (Felpro ($19) and cleaning the throttle bdy with throttle body cleaner. All the parts were new genuine ford parts (except the injectors were rebuilt) and I spent all in $618.00. While I could have done this job for a lot less had I not replaced all these parts, I felt that since I had everything accessible, why not replace them....Plus, its still cost me less than if I had to pay for parts and labor for a mechanic to just replace all 6 plugs...

I do have one question though. My fuel mileage on my trip computer seems to be off as its saying my gas millage is about 7-8 mpg. I don't believe I have any vacuum leaks since the car is running smooth, so i was just wondering if maybe I need to reset the trip computer in order to get an accurate reading?
Attachments
freestyle fuel injector.jpg
freestyle fuel injector.jpg (67.68 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
Freestyle intake.jpg
Freestyle intake.jpg (107.6 KiB) Viewed 1973 times