If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Making my freestyle my own.

davis_wilcox_VA

Making my freestyle my own.

Post by davis_wilcox_VA » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:38 pm

Well I am 17 and my first car is the 2005 Ford Freestyle SEL AWD showed in the pictures below. Wont lie, I wasn't exactly exited about this being my first car but its what my parents were giving me and I am extremely gracious that my parents could supply me with a car. Furthermore, I have since done some upgrades to make my freestyle a little more unique. Now before I start an all out war on this forum yes the gear in my car is police related. And yes I am allowed to have the gear, I am a police explorer in my local police department and my father has been a police officer in the same department for almost 25 years now. Now on to the list of upgrades.

1.) Installation of two Rocky Pro White strobe lights. (Front Window.)
2.) Installation of a Uniden Bearcat BC35N Scanner.
3.) Installation of a 2 meter Yaesu Ham Radio
4.) Installation of a Uniden CB radio with a PA 100w PA system.
5.) Installation of a JVC Double Din Radio Unit
6.) Installation of One Cobra Road Pro Handheld CB radio, One handheld Uniden Digital Trunk Tracking Radio, and One handheld Baofeng Radio.
7.) Installation of a 1080p dash camera in both back and front windows.
8.) I have also removed the two bucket seats in the middle of the car and built a raised platform in their place to hold some of my own gear for life and the police department ( see pictures to understand.)
9.) I have also removed all the badges on the back of the car and then plasti dipped the blue ford emblems black on both the front and back of the car.
10.) I have also plasti dipped the running boards on the top of the car black.
11.) The wheels are painted black with a special wheel paint.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions feel free to ask, I have touched almost every part on my car from replacing valve covers, engine mounts, fuel filters, wheel strut mounts, AC compression parts all the way to interior products such as L.E.D lighting to upgrading the seat belts in the car. Thank You!

[img][IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb3 ... ku1ikp.jpg[/img][/img]

jpz

Re: Making my freestyle my own.

Post by jpz » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:41 pm

Wow. That's pretty cool. Good for you taking this all on yourself as well. My only suggestion would be to always remember you have that pricey CVT under your car. I know a lot of LEOs are rough on the engines and transmissions of their vehicles. Would hate to see all your work go to waste if your trans fell out of the vehicle.

Stay up with the maintenance and you should be good to go.

Freestyle07

Post by Freestyle07 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:03 am

This is a nice build. Could you tell me a bit more about the raised platform you built? After removing the seats what did you do to secure the platform?

Steenug

Post by Steenug » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:14 am

How did you remove the seats? Ive been googling like crazy and cant figure it out...

mmsstar

Post by mmsstar » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Welcome. Kind of an old post but if you are talking about the 2nd row seats just tumble them forward to see the 4 bolts holding them to the floor.
Drove an 06 LTD FWD from July 08 to August 10, moved on to a 2011 Flex