If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Keyless entry factory code

dieKatze88

Re: Keyless entry factory code

Post by dieKatze88 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:58 pm

knowitall wrote:Don't leave us in suspense.

What is your code? :lol:
Haha. nice try. I already set a second code. This was one of a few things I have to do before next thursday when I take the car on it's first long trip. Now I don't fear locking my keys in the car.

knowitall

Post by knowitall » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:43 am

dieKatze88 wrote:
knowitall wrote:Don't leave us in suspense.

What is your code? :lol:
Haha. nice try. I already set a second code. This was one of a few things I have to do before next thursday when I take the car on it's first long trip. Now I don't fear locking my keys in the car.
I think it should be mandatory that all cars have a key pad access. So convenient. :P

KAH

Post by KAH » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:07 pm

Just out of curiosity, please refer back to the
first picture you have posted.

Do you have any idea what the scorch mark is
just to the left center of the photo ?

Looks like something is overheating.

I have my numeric code and glad I did not have to
crawl around looking for same.

Thanks, Ken H.

dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:45 am

That looks like a weld good sir. However, thank you for expressing concern about my car. I'll take a peek at it during lunch.

KAH

Post by KAH » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:01 pm

In regard to the five digit keypad code, please consider the following:

The key codes are arranged from 1 thru 10. Yet the keys are really
set up as 1 thru 5 as key 1& 2 are one button, as is 3 and 4, 5 and 6
thru 9 and 10.

So you have five correct buttons to guess to gain access to the
vehicle as I believe the cose is usually a fice digit sequence.

Since this can be represented as five to the fifth power, you really
have only 3,125 combinations to guess from.

I realize the key code function disables after a limited number of
unsuccessfull tries but I bet it would be possible to manually work out
the correct code, assuming you had nothing else to do for a while.
Like maybe a month.

Anybody ever try it ?

Ken H.

KAH

Post by KAH » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:02 pm

In regard to the five digit keypad code, please consider the following:

The key codes are arranged from 1 thru 10. Yet the keys are really
set up as 1 thru 5 as key 1& 2 are one button, as is 3 and 4, 5 and 6
thru 9 and 10.

So you have five correct buttons to guess to gain access to the
vehicle as I believe the cose is usually a fice digit sequence.

Since this can be represented as five to the fifth power, you really
have only 3,125 combinations to guess from.

I realize the key code function disables after a limited number of
unsuccessfull tries but I bet it would be possible to manually work out
the correct code, assuming you had nothing else to do for a while.
Like maybe a month.

Anybody ever try it ?

Ken H.

dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:07 pm

A month vs 15 minutes to unbolt the computer and read the code...

I suppose what you're saying is possible in every way, but I mean, really. Why would you bother? The code is right there for anyone with a good set of tools and 15 minutes of time.

knowitall

Post by knowitall » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:59 pm

dieKatze88 wrote:A month vs 15 minutes to unbolt the computer and read the code...

I suppose what you're saying is possible in every way, but I mean, really. Why would you bother? The code is right there for anyone with a good set of tools and 15 minutes of time.
ummmmm... why would you need the code if you are already in the car to access the computer? :lol:

DigitalTexan2u

Post by DigitalTexan2u » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 am

I'll be hunting for my code this weekend unfortunately. I never set the code and we never got a card with the info on it when we bought the Freestyle. Last week I was washing the car and apparently pushed the sponge too hard over the keypad and locked my keys in the car. My wife wasn't home and had the spare set of keys with her.

After the initial anger passed, I went inside...grabbed a coat hanger...and approx. 15min later got the driver door open. Of course as soon as it opened the alarm started going off which scared the crap out of the dog (not literally..ha!).

You should have seen the look on my 8 year old's face when I opened the door with the hanger. She looked at me like I was some magician. My wife gets annoyed when my 8 year old says to her "daddy can fix it...he can fix anything". This experience made her more of a believer. Awesome! :lol:

dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:40 pm

DigitalTexan2u wrote:I'll be hunting for my code this weekend unfortunately. I never set the code and we never got a card with the info on it when we bought the Freestyle. Last week I was washing the car and apparently pushed the sponge too hard over the keypad and locked my keys in the car. My wife wasn't home and had the spare set of keys with her.

After the initial anger passed, I went inside...grabbed a coat hanger...and approx. 15min later got the driver door open. Of course as soon as it opened the alarm started going off which scared the crap out of the dog (not literally..ha!).

You should have seen the look on my 8 year old's face when I opened the door with the hanger. She looked at me like I was some magician. My wife gets annoyed when my 8 year old says to her "daddy can fix it...he can fix anything". This experience made her more of a believer. Awesome! :lol:
This is more or less EXACTY why I did the instructions on the previous page to get the code easy, only I was lucky enough to be in my driveway, with the spare key sitting on the kitchen table.

That said, Keyless entry is the best for road trips, you set a temp code and say "OK Everyone, the code is 14232, and then the bottom two buttons lock the car again" and now where your keys are has no bearing on if your friends can get their crap out of your car or not.

knowitall

Post by knowitall » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:24 pm

DigitalTexan2u wrote:I'll be hunting for my code this weekend unfortunately. I never set the code and we never got a card with the info on it when we bought the Freestyle. Last week I was washing the car and apparently pushed the sponge too hard over the keypad and locked my keys in the car. My wife wasn't home and had the spare set of keys with her.

Heaven forbid that your wife actually treats you like the leader of the family. That's why I try to exercise Gen 3:16 regularly. :P

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:45 am

DigitalTexan2u wrote:.....I went inside...grabbed a coat hanger...and approx. 15min later got the driver door open......
HOW, can you please share?

i once forgot the key in another the car with car running - doors locked, far away from home, it was a horrible experience.....i'd love to know how to use the Hanger to open the door in the future (just in case), THANKS.
i wonder who "Voodoo Bob of the Dead Poets Society" is hounding now.....:mrgreen:

brad e

Post by brad e » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Thanks for the detailed write-up dieKatze88, it was spot on.

anik151

Post by anik151 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 pm

how do i change the code?? it diffrent then the explorer???

anik151

Post by anik151 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:32 pm

dieKatze88 wrote:

This is more or less EXACTY why I did the instructions on the previous page to get the code easy, only I was lucky enough to be in my driveway, with the spare key sitting on the kitchen table.

well lucky you lol i just locked mine with the keys inside aswell as my psychically handicap kid and my wife has the second spare at work fun times