If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

seat belt chimes

DJFreestylin

seat belt chimes

Post by DJFreestylin » Mon May 16, 2005 3:31 am

Im all for safety but i really need to know how to silence those seat belt chimes..... does anybody have any insight...there's got to be a way...

thanks
Joe

Truckster

Post by Truckster » Mon May 16, 2005 7:56 am

Put your seat belt on before you start your car :lol:

DJFreestylin

seat belt chimes

Post by DJFreestylin » Mon May 16, 2005 10:13 am

no, i mean permanently....

thanks
joe

sharpcolorado

Chimes

Post by sharpcolorado » Mon May 16, 2005 12:11 pm

Joe,

Why would you want the chimes disabled? Are you driving without seatbelts? If so, why would you want to do this?

You might as well disable headlamps, wipers, and brakes.

AZ Freestylin'

Re: Chimes

Post by AZ Freestylin' » Mon May 16, 2005 12:33 pm

sharpcolorado wrote:Joe,

Why would you want the chimes disabled? Are you driving without seatbelts? If so, why would you want to do this?

You might as well disable headlamps, wipers, and brakes.
I agree... why on earth would you disable a feature that reminds someone to put on a safety belt.
Peter

05' SEL Norsea Blue / Light Gunmetal / Shale Cloth / FWD / DVD / Moonroof / Remote Starter and other cool things.

gmarshall

Post by gmarshall » Mon May 16, 2005 12:44 pm

I wear my seat belt at all times but I also did not like the chime going off to remind me. If you look in your owners manual it tells you the steps to disable the seat belt warning chime, I did mine.

DJFreestylin

thankyou

Post by DJFreestylin » Mon May 16, 2005 1:43 pm

thanks gmarshall, i appriciate the help!!!

mrlizzzard

Post by mrlizzzard » Mon May 16, 2005 1:51 pm

Please,either answer the request or don't.The moral criticism is not needed here.I wear my seatbelt 90% of the time.The chimes tick me off too.How come they never fail like the transmission or air conditioner?For those of us that think the seatbelt is the end all listen up.Side impacts with people in seatbelts kill many,some with broken necks and some get beheaded!

Some more food for thought.Why are police and fire and schoolbusses exempt?Seat belt use nationaly is about 87%across the board currently,has our insurance gone down?

Please forgive my rave but some patriots think the mandatory seatbelt laws are big brother driven.I live in America not Singapore.

great forum.........and I love my Freestyle
lizzzard

DJFreestylin

thankyou

Post by DJFreestylin » Mon May 16, 2005 2:45 pm

thankyou Mrlizzard...i wasnt going to get into it...but i agree...safety is a person issue...its a great car...but who among us can truely say they put it on 100 percent and NO exceptions...

Joe

PS I also run with scissors

Truckster

Re: thankyou

Post by Truckster » Mon May 16, 2005 3:59 pm

DJFreestylin wrote:thankyou Mrlizzard...i wasnt going to get into it...but i agree...safety is a person issue...its a great car...but who among us can truely say they put it on 100 percent and NO exceptions...

Joe

PS I also run with scissors
Me, I'll say it.

I never even turn the key without putting on a seat belt

Just plain stupid (IMO) not to. Like riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

Just one more risk that has a very clear outcome.

mrlizzzard

Post by mrlizzzard » Mon May 16, 2005 8:16 pm

Hi DJ,nice meeting you and you to Truckster.I also enjoy motorcycles with at least 100,000 miles on them suicide machines without a helmet.A helmet seemed to cut my vision and hearing on a bike but I'm sure they save lives.My limited physics lessons made me feel wary of riding around with a bowling ball on my head(super whiplash).But when it's all said and done it's good to know that 87% of the cars that pull out in front of a motorcycle had thier seat belts on.Why no seat belts on Harleys?

all the best,
lizzzard

AZ Freestylin'

Post by AZ Freestylin' » Tue May 17, 2005 9:15 am

mrlizzzard wrote:Please,either answer the request or don't.The moral criticism is not needed here.I wear my seatbelt 90% of the time.The chimes tick me off too.How come they never fail like the transmission or air conditioner?For those of us that think the seatbelt is the end all listen up.Side impacts with people in seatbelts kill many,some with broken necks and some get beheaded!

Some more food for thought.Why are police and fire and schoolbusses exempt?Seat belt use nationaly is about 87%across the board currently,has our insurance gone down?

Please forgive my rave but some patriots think the mandatory seatbelt laws are big brother driven.I live in America not Singapore.

great forum.........and I love my Freestyle
lizzzard
The point I was trying to make isn't a moral issue regarding to put on a seat belt or not, its just pointing out that why would someone diliberately disable a feature that is designed to remind someone to put on a safety device. Most of the safety features designed in cars are unobtusive to the driving experience. Yes, I'm sure that chime could be annoying but the auto manufacturers have been forced to install these features because people can not take responsibilties for their actions and want to blame others when something serious happens (if they live).

Love my Freestyle and this forum.
Peter

05' SEL Norsea Blue / Light Gunmetal / Shale Cloth / FWD / DVD / Moonroof / Remote Starter and other cool things.

DJFreestylin

naaa

Post by DJFreestylin » Tue May 17, 2005 11:05 am

if that were true...then they wouldnt tell you how to disable it...if that were true then the "auto-rail" system that automatically fastens the belt for you would be mandatory on all cars sold in the US...if that were true the safety canopy would be standard on all freestyles, and not an option for those who have more money....hell the MP3 player is standard on all models but not the saftey canopy system..

I know i should wear my seatbelt and i often do...but i also know that (1) i dont need a bell to remind me of this, and (2) the bell is not going to change my mind.

regards...
Joseph

AZ Freestylin'

Post by AZ Freestylin' » Tue May 17, 2005 2:28 pm

Glad to see that you got your original questioned answered.
Peter

DJFreestylin

really...

Post by DJFreestylin » Tue May 17, 2005 3:57 pm

Yeah,,,no kiddin, huh

Joseph :?