If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

seat belt chimes

pltdford

seat belt chime info

Post by pltdford » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:32 pm

you can deactivate the seat belt chime the info is at:

http://www.myford500.com/tech/disable-belt-minder.php

jeff_l_scott

Post by jeff_l_scott » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:11 am

mrlizzzard wrote:For those of us that think the seatbelt is the end all listen up.Side impacts with people in seatbelts kill many,some with broken necks and some get beheaded!
Would you like to provide some data to back up your claim? I don't want some silly anecdotal piece of evidence where in one or two collisions people were injured and blamed it on the seat belt; I want good hard statistics showing people are worse off wearing their seat belts in side impact collisions.
mrlizzzard wrote:Seat belt use nationaly is about 87%across the board currently
About 50% of the people who are killed in collisions are unbelted. Looks like it is a big advantage to be wearing your seat belt.
mrlizzzard wrote:Please forgive my rave but some patriots think the mandatory seatbelt laws are big brother driven.I live in America not Singapore.
I don't like mandatory seat belt laws, but I think people who don't wear them are just looking to be Darwined out of the gene pool.
DJFreestylin wrote:if that were true then the "auto-rail" system that automatically fastens the belt for you would be mandatory on all cars sold in the US
These systems don't work well, because people would not put on their lap belts with them. This causes the person to submarine during a collision; that is why they are no longer acceptable substitutes for an airbag.

Lilith

Re: seat belt chimes

Post by Lilith » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:15 pm

I want to know how to disconnect the chimes completely. I absolutely hate them. They make me angry everytime I drive my car. I cannot tolerate that kind of noise. I dont need annoying chimes to remind me to do anything, I'd rather write myself a note and stick it on the dashboard. I always wear my seatbelt, but on occasion I take it off to reach the mailbox or at the drive through. That's my choice, I dont want to listen to that stupid chime. I'd rather not tear my car up just to find the chime. I'm going to end up selling this car if I cant turn it off.

jas88

Re: seat belt chimes

Post by jas88 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:13 am

Instructions to deactivate the chime are in your owners manual or posted above by pltdford. Either that or you gotta yank the chime module but I think it is built into the Smart Junction Box (SJB).
2006 SE Silver w/Slate cloth