If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

CVT transmission Lawsuit

Daniel B. Clasby

CVT transmission Lawsuit

Post by Daniel B. Clasby » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:46 pm

Looking for current information, or updates on the status of the class action lawsuit against Ford regarding the CVT Transmission issues!
If anyone has any current info I would appreciate it!

pkthomas

Re: CVT transmission Lawsuit

Post by pkthomas » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:27 pm

Was there one?
2005 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD
2010 Mazda 5 Sport manual transmission
2000 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 PSD

Minnesota_Nice

Post by Minnesota_Nice » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:50 pm

I think there was a lawsuit in the past. I don't know what ever happened to it.

kidfam

Post by kidfam » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:39 am

Love to know about this too

paulcasey

Post by paulcasey » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:44 pm

Daniel B. Clasby wrote:Looking for current information, or updates on the status of the class action lawsuit against Ford regarding the CVT Transmission issues!
If anyone has any current info I would appreciate it!
I just contacted the original law firm that filed the class action lawsuit . they said " as of 2013 they had stepped out of the lawsuit and someone else was handling it" ,but she did also state ,not sure exactly what date,"as of January 2014 the case had been dismissed with prejudice "

to me what the means to all of us owners of a ford freestyle or Montego with the affected cvt transmissions I gather is BUYER BEWARE you are screwed now pay us to fix the piece of poop you spent your hard earned money on .

PS THANKS THE FREE MONEY THE GOVERNMENT GAVE US TO STAY IN BUSINESS ,WE WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO CONTINUALLY SCREW THE PEOPLE OTHERWISE .

penetronn

Post by penetronn » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:44 am

Actually, Ford was the only major auto manufacturer that did not need a bailout. One of the reasons I only buy their vehicles to this day.

kidfam

Post by kidfam » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Lawsuit was dismissed

AlexmenRib

CVT transmission Lawsuit

Post by AlexmenRib » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:29 am

Looking for a new vacuum modulator, on the rock auto site.

How do I know if I have a 3 speed or T-Series w/ FMX Transmission?

Appreciated

mmsstar

Post by mmsstar » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:10 pm

What are you driving?
Drove an 06 LTD FWD from July 08 to August 10, moved on to a 2011 Flex

sunsoakedinflorida

Post by sunsoakedinflorida » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:59 am

I first read about the lawsuite at edmonds.com. I had my 2005 LEMON for four years when the trans went out. At the time it was a second car and only had 28k miles on it. Naturally the warranty was only for three years. When I found out it was going to cost 6000 for the replacement trans, I went to local repair shop that would use a salvage trans. The shop owner was surprised that there were no salvage trans available. The reason why was that Ford was buying them up. The trans you were getting for 6000 was not a NEW one but a REMANUFACTURED one. Well ^F^ me!!!
Now, my dash gauges have gone out. I had this problem about a year ago. At a Ford dealership they said that a module is bad and would cost 600 to repair!!! I was going to pick it up with out getting it fix. They said the technician wanted to try one more thing. Hallelujah he fixed it!!!
This second time I checked back at the dealership and asked if that technician still works there. Unfortunately, he doesn^the. I will never buy a ford again!

jas88

Post by jas88 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:42 am

Wow you went to all the trouble to join just to get that rant out? I hope you feel better. I have owned 2 Freestyles, the first one went 235K and the current one has 155K on it. No CVT failures among them. I don't buy anything but Ford.
2006 SE Silver w/Slate cloth

Rebel1961

Post by Rebel1961 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:41 pm

Exactly, FORD...did not take a buy out from the government...but GMC did...yeah...we call it Government Motors Corp. Research that I have previously looked into said that the CVT issue was looked after through recalls. If you did not receive a notification then contact them, regardless of the year, I am sure they can give you more info then you can get on here.

gr_elvis

Post by gr_elvis » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:06 pm

According to everything I have been able to find there never was a CVT recall and there never will be. It was a faulty design they discontinued after 2 years replaced the ones under warranty with the same faulty transmission and those of us who own them now along with the five hundred and montego are just screwed! This is the 21st century Edsel! It's really too bad because I love the car it's a great design I wish it moved. Limp mode is going to get someone seriously hurt or killed and then Ford will act totally shocked but instead of doing something about it now they just continue to play the odds. I really thought Ford was better than that. I even wrote to Phil Perry the head of customer relations and he didn't even respond to my letter himself I received a (form) letter with a first name stamped at the bottom customer service representative. I really wish this car could be fixed at a reasonable price, I would keep it! But it's not worth 4 to 6000.00 to fix and that's what Ford is counting on people will just buy something newer and they will fade away without them ever having to own up to their defective product! I notice they recently had to recall transmission in newer cars .....

jas88

Post by jas88 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:37 am

These cars are over 10 years old now and you want a free transmission? I think your best move at this point is to buy a Chevy.
2006 SE Silver w/Slate cloth

MichaelPinue

CVT transmission Lawsuit

Post by MichaelPinue » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:58 pm

I spoke to a Mitsubishi technician to re CVT he said if u want a good auto gearbox try and find a SST from a Ralliart at a wreckers as the CVT is pretty much just a rubber band gearbox with not much inside them