If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

New to My Ford Freestlye.com!

steinman84

New to My Ford Freestlye.com!

Post by steinman84 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Hello All. recently got into a 05 blk/blk awd limited freesltye. Previous vehicles were totaled in accident and needed a replacement. Have a few things to work out and maintenance to perform. Bought it with around 89k and is pretty clean for upstate NY. ( which is really a big reason I purchased) I am familiar with the under power 3.0 and some of the tranny issues (got ext warranty) but also there awesome handling esp in snow with A+ safey!(thanks Volvo) Room is awesome and mileage is decent. hope I can be of some help with some issues, as I have some of my own currently to work out in the next few weeks. here are some of the to do list:

*All new shock and mounts:
tsb for mounts in frt for noise.
clunk in rear

*rear sway links:
slight creaking in rear

*Dr front seat bottom heat element:
kinda got squashed between seat frame and track and shorted out.

*CD player
error/noworky

*a/c compressor;
leaking from case

services
plugs
coolant
brake fluid
tranny fluid w/high pressure filter kit
diff fluid
fuel filter

p.s.

maintenance junky ha
yay new car!!

lightwalker1

Re: New to My Ford Freestlye.com!

Post by lightwalker1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:11 am

Hey steinman84 what tranny problems are you having I'm curious because my 2007 Front wheel drive Freestyle is make what some call a helicopter sound when in neutral and in park, wondering if changing high pressure filter and cvt fluid with maybe special additive. Also driver, and passenger seat heaters went out within a month of each other you touch either switch and both leds blink once and goes out with no heat what so ever, was wondering how to troubleshoot. Thanks Buddy.

mmsstar

Post by mmsstar » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:36 am

If you have the helicopter sound, changing the fluid and filter will not help.

As for the heated sets, you will need new elements.
Drove an 06 LTD FWD from July 08 to August 10, moved on to a 2011 Flex

steinman84

Post by steinman84 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:47 pm

I would also agree that changing the fluid and filter will not help with the noise. It may possibly be a pump noise. are there any codes stored in the tranny? as for the heated seats the easiest way to check the elements is to check them with an ohm meter. mine had an open which is an easy fix however if the light on the switch blinks then goes out, there maybe an issue with heat heated seat module which have problems. there is a bulletin on them also. I can find out some more info on the tsb and get back on that.