If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Hi I have a 2007 Ford Freestyle & Im New :) Please Help??!!

ladyjean13

Hi I have a 2007 Ford Freestyle & Im New :) Please Help??!!

Post by ladyjean13 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi everyone, I purchased my 07 freestyle a little over a year ago, after I realized my twin girls, 8 year old daughter would not fit if I ever had anyone else that wanted to go somewhere lol. I was so excited to buy this car , I previously owned a 2000 ford Taurus and never had a problem with it, it was the best car. Plus I have several friends & family that work at the assembly plant in Chicago so I wanted to show them support & stick with Ford. Unfortunately about 3 months ago my Freestyle broke down. It went into what I've seen people refer to as "limp mode" it still turns on but it won't go anywhere :( I've had the throttle body cleaned & the service code is the infamous P0701. It's really sad if Ford has known about this issue they would sell me this car with 3 month old twins & an 8 year old as a great family vehicle. I have been out of work since I got preggers because I was so sick & now it's too expensive to pay for day care, let alone replace my transmission! I just don't know what to do. The dealership has been horrible & not at all sympathetic. I had my car towed there and it has been there for over a month because they didn't even want to do the throttle body recall, after I got them to finally do that the battery died so I went and bought a battery & replaced it & I know they know the car is screwed up because of the CVT defect & I feel like they really don't even want to work on it. I gave the service manager the code today & he said he would look into it. Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? Can anyone give me some pointers on dealing with the service department so I get the correct problem fixed & not waste the little money I have? Advice greatly appreciated!!