If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

New to forum 2 questions

nedge34

New to forum 2 questions

Post by nedge34 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:58 pm

I've owned a 2005 Freestyle for 3 years now no unexpected probs until now. Any idea why the car would be hard to get the shifter to move ? and i know your foot must be on the brake ha ha! also has there been a recall issued for the surging issue i'm sure alot of you have experienced . Thanks

mike9476

Re: New to forum 2 questions

Post by mike9476 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:34 am

I suspect the hard to move shifter is not going to be a major issue; maybe a problematic brake interlock switch, or a problem with the linkage. If the car drives fine I really doubt there's any internal transmission issue. As for the surging, it is not a recall but is a warranty extension more or less. If you have the problem they will fix it, but if not they will not do anything.
2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
Wife's car: 2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Sold: 2007 Freestyle Limited

nedge34

Post by nedge34 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Thank you . I will be scheduling an appointment this week . I will mention the shifter issue as well so they will still get their pound of flesh .

meyersd

Post by meyersd » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:39 pm

Had the same problem last year. My wife spilled coffee on the console numerous times without cleaning it up. The plastic shroud by the shifter got all bunched up, and wouldn't let me shift into gear. Then I had a problem getting into park. Finally took the cover off and cleaned it. No problems since.
2005 Ford Freestyle AWD Limited (Dark Blue Pearl Metallic/Pebble Leather Interior)
2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S (Grey Clearcoat/Grey Cloth Interior)

jpz

Post by jpz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:42 pm

meyersd wrote:Had the same problem last year. My wife spilled coffee on the console numerous times without cleaning it up. The plastic shroud by the shifter got all bunched up, and wouldn't let me shift into gear. Then I had a problem getting into park. Finally took the cover off and cleaned it. No problems since.
My wife's drink of choice is tea. So annoying!

llturner

Post by llturner » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:05 am

meyersd wrote:Had the same problem last year. My wife spilled coffee on the console numerous times without cleaning it up. The plastic shroud by the shifter got all bunched up, and wouldn't let me shift into gear. Then I had a problem getting into park. Finally took the cover off and cleaned it. No problems since.

Is there a trick to taking the cover off? I'm afraid I'll break something.