If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

What cars did we get rid of to get our Freestyles!!!

Chunkem

Re: What cars did we get rid of to get our Freestyles!!!

Post by Chunkem » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:36 pm

I ended up getting rid of 1997 Chrysler Intrepid that I use for winters....What a nice change.....

Turtlefoot

Post by Turtlefoot » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:43 am

Traded my 2001 Windstar SEl on a top-of-line, loaded 2005 Freestyle. Loved the reliability of the Windstar, and totally love everything about the Freestyle. Usually. Having problems with my 'fairweather friend' of a Freestyle. In very humid conditions, driving with AC on and using cruise control, it w/o warning goes into limp mode as all the warning lights come on. No problems in winter. Baffled three dealers so far, lots of $$$ later. Wouldn't mind having my Windstar back but it's new owner totally loves it.

mmsstar

Post by mmsstar » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 am

Turtlefoot, did you look into the throttle body??
Drove an 06 LTD FWD from July 08 to August 10, moved on to a 2011 Flex

Turtlefoot

Post by Turtlefoot » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:48 am

mmsstar wrote:Turtlefoot, did you look into the throttle body??
No; just began reading the issues and solutions related to the throttle body but mine has never surged, so didn't pay much attention. Will go back and read on....thanks! (Noted the reference to your Flex; that is my next vehicle unless I do decide to go with an Expedition.) :wink:

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:53 am

good to see so many new owners keeping the Freestyle brand alive, we'd love to hear from you on this topic......thanks
i wonder who "Voodoo Bob of the Dead Poets Society" is hounding now.....:mrgreen:

knowitall

Post by knowitall » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:03 am

Africa_FS_07 wrote:good to see so many new owners keeping the Freestyle brand alive, we'd love to hear from you on this topic......thanks
Says the President of the Freestyle Haters Club. :shock:

"I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs
in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea
but it's just eggs hatching."

Jaunty75

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:15 am

knowitall wrote:
Africa_FS_07 wrote:good to see so many new owners keeping the Freestyle brand alive, we'd love to hear from you on this topic......thanks
Says the President of the Freestyle Haters Club. :shock:.....
er, have you just had an egg hatch in there?

remember, it is called "The Ford Helicopter Club".
i wonder who "Voodoo Bob of the Dead Poets Society" is hounding now.....:mrgreen:

Oldman3D

Post by Oldman3D » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:59 pm

Well, For one, I did not get rid of a car for the Freestyle, but to add a Freestyle for Winter.
Will be used instead of my 2015 Challenger.. I would rather have a AWD here in Utah than a car with Summer tires. I did not want to let it see snow or ice.

The Freestyle is an Limited.. About 117k miles.. Planning on changing the radio to something nicer and adding a backup camera (Utah has LOTS of kids)

Trainny seems ok, lil clunk, but could be me and acceleration. I will get it into the dealer to have the trainny flush and filters changed.

So far a good SUV.

I had a Suzuki 2008 XL7 that I changed the throttle body on, so I know what to expect. Seem easy on this Freestyle..

Old and Happy Owner

mmsstar

Post by mmsstar » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:44 pm

Don't use the word Flush in the same sentence as Freestyle. It is unlikely that they have machine dedicated to flushing a CVT and mixing the fluid will kill it. Drain & fill is the way to go.

The Freestyle is about the easiest car to change out the radio on you will see.
Drove an 06 LTD FWD from July 08 to August 10, moved on to a 2011 Flex

jlcharlton

Post by jlcharlton » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Back in 2007 I traded in my 1996 Explorer for a new 2008 T-Rex. Explorer was in good condition, but I wanted lighter, more economical transport. Luckily, I never had any engine/trans problems at all. Just a leaking heater control valve which went bad on vacation in Florida. Changed it in Auto parts store parking lot. Never even changed plugs or exhaust components at all. Wished I had kept it. Only got $1900 on trade-in. Need it now for heavier snow days here in WV. Although T-Rex is pretty good in snow. Had to use it to venture out and rescue my stranded daughter during DC's Snowmageddon in 2010. 6 hours to go 20 miles and back to "save" her.

Dstrahler

Post by Dstrahler » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:40 pm

I replaced a '04 freestar for a '07 freestyle SEL AWD. The freestar had a lot more room inside but it had a major rust problem. I've had the freestyle for about a month so far so good.

Onry1

Post by Onry1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:07 pm

06 Jeep Commander, way too hard on gas and the CEL was always on and then there was the leaking sun roof...

PBblaster83

Post by PBblaster83 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:07 pm

I was having problems with an 08 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, I still have it, and was looking for something for my wife. Found an 06 Freestyle AWD for a reasonable price and miles, test drove it and bought it. Granted I didn't do extensive homework on the vehicle, so I guess I got what I paid for, the Freestyle has transmission issues that didn't show up until we were on our way home. I like it and REALLY hope we can work out these issues.

Majortomski

Post by Majortomski » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi, new forum member. Owner of an 05 SEL that I bought new off the lot. Traded in my 83 gray market Mercedes 300SE. Got tired of hunting parts and folks that would work on it. My "Dorie" Freestyle has been mostly trouble free for these 13 years.

Scotty17

Post by Scotty17 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:25 am

I traded in my 2002 Ford Taurus which was great to me for the eight years for a 2005 AWD FREESTYLE.

Love it !