If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

What cars did we get rid of to get our Freestyles!!!

DJFreestylin

What cars did we get rid of to get our Freestyles!!!

Post by DJFreestylin » Tue May 10, 2005 12:33 pm

My Wife, Denise and I got our Freestyle a week ago and really love it! We got a SEL AWD with Pebble Leather and a few of the bells and whistles...

I have been noticing many people here alluding to the cars that they gave up to get this car and i was thinking this would be a cool topic to discuss..

So here goes

We gave up a Jeep Liberty for our Freestyle..we really like the Liberty and i Would never take anyrhing away from Jeep but we are expecting our first child this summer and we wanted a more kid friendly and safer car...

It was hard to part with the Liberty it was a cool little ride... and she will be missed...

So lets here from you...I'm sure the folks at Ford will be interested in we we chose thier Freestyle and what fell to thier new creation

Joseph

NorseaBlue

I traded-in two cars

Post by NorseaBlue » Tue May 10, 2005 1:38 pm

Traded in a '00 Taurus and a '03 Focus. Both were good cars for me. Just wanted to upgrade and the Freestyle was exactly what I was looking for.

Considered the Cadillac SRX and the Chrysler Pacifica. Concluded that neither had anywhere near the usefulness or practicality of the Freestyle.
Last edited by NorseaBlue on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

TexasStyle

Post by TexasStyle » Tue May 10, 2005 1:42 pm

Got rid of our Chrysler Concorde. Nice roomy comfortable car, but lots of mechanical and electrical problems. Last Chrysler I'll ever buy!

AZ Freestylin'

Post by AZ Freestylin' » Tue May 10, 2005 2:52 pm

VW Passat - Lease ended
Peter

05' SEL Norsea Blue / Light Gunmetal / Shale Cloth / FWD / DVD / Moonroof / Remote Starter and other cool things.

lilo

Focus

Post by lilo » Tue May 10, 2005 3:45 pm

I traded in a 2001 Ford Focus. Good car just bad model year - multiple recalls and lousy fuel economy. When I went to the local dealer to inquire on getting a newer model year, I saw the Freestyle. :D
2005 SEL AWD; all but DVD

DJFreestylin

so far...

Post by DJFreestylin » Tue May 10, 2005 4:59 pm

we have 3 fords...
1 chrysler
1 vw

keep em coming....

joseph

Truckster

Post by Truckster » Tue May 10, 2005 5:18 pm

Gladly got rid of a 2003 VW Jetta.

This was by far the worst car that I ever owned.

The quality of build, the reliability, and the service department were all the worst that I have ever experienced in all my years of motoring.

So bad that I would never venture into a VW dealer again!

Indybell

Post by Indybell » Tue May 10, 2005 5:23 pm

We had two GM products. Both older with high mileage. A '92 Saturn which has been the most reliable, but not very comfortable, car I have ever owned. It still runs great and has 130K + miles.

We traded the '98 Buick GS (supercharged model) because it was approaching 140K and was the only car I could get anything for on a trade. It was a pretty fair car. No major troubles until 110 K when the tranny needed overhauled. A local ndependent shop who did the work told us that this was a GM oversight and that most early model supercharged engined cars usually required transmission rebuilds due to a faulty manufactured "sun" gear. However, most failed under warranty.

The car was immaculate inside and out at the time of trade. Would have been worth considerable more if it weren't for the high mileage. (We put 2000 / month while we were working. It was a long way to work!)

My wife wanted an SUV for the space for our 6 year old. I wanted better gas mileage than the Buick - this doesn't fit that bill - but it's close and doesn't require premium.

All in all, it was a step up. It't a great car for kids and just an great all around people hauler. I like it a lot. My wife thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Indybell
Black over tan AWD Ltd.

MA-Stylin'

Trade-in

Post by MA-Stylin' » Tue May 10, 2005 5:38 pm

We traded a 2001 Subaru Outback. We bought it when we wanted to downsize from a '96 Explorer, but it ended up being just too small for our needs.

tim

Post by tim » Tue May 10, 2005 5:57 pm

'00 VW Passat wagon- nice car, but maintenence costs were way too high...

Going on 4 months, 3000 miles with the Freestyle, we're very satisfied, zero problems. :D
Tim in Omaha
'05 SEL/AWD
'07 Shelby GT Mustang

dan831wv

Post by dan831wv » Tue May 10, 2005 6:47 pm

2000 Ranger. Excellent truck, reliable and no major problems. Had 120,000 miles and needed more room/seats and comparable gas mileage, Freestyle was the best choice.

Rickoz

Post by Rickoz » Tue May 10, 2005 8:34 pm

traded a '99 VW Jetta with only 57,000 miles on it. I agree with others... too expensive to maintain. That promise that it "holds its value" was not true. VW quality is way down... I've owned 4 other VW's... and this was the least reliable. Seemed prone to electrical problems and the check engine light was a frequent visitor.

Rick
York, PA
Merlot on Pebble LTD AWD

bikemangod

What we used to have...

Post by bikemangod » Tue May 10, 2005 8:40 pm

We're getting rid of a '92 Nissan Serena (minivan) and a '91 Toyota Corrolla 3-Door...USAD stationed in Japan, and we're ready to go back stateside...a new car is a necessity...I can't take these with me!

We previously owned a '93 Explorer XLT and '98 Expedition XLT...a Norsea Blue SEL AWD is on-order for October '05 delivery...

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Wed May 11, 2005 4:25 am

We traded a 2001 VW Eurovan. We absolutely loved our van. When we found out it was going to cost us $2,000.00 to replace the heater, and it took the dealer over a month to get all the correct parts in, we decided we were better off getting rid of it. It was a great vehicle except for the maintenance costs. In some ways, we still miss it.

jleo

Sold One, Traded One

Post by jleo » Wed May 11, 2005 9:23 am

I sold my 12 year old GMC pickup and traded in a 2000 Buick Regal. The Regal was nearing 100K miles and giving us a few problems so it had to go.

We chose the Freestyle because it gave us a great travel vehicle with ample cargo space for picking up stuff from Home Depot.