If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Do I have remote start?

Ttaubs

Do I have remote start?

Post by Ttaubs » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:37 am

How would I know if my 2005 freestyle has remote start? It didn't come with a fob. The person I bought it from didn't ask original owner and he had lost the fob so they didn't know either. Is there a way to tell before I buy a new fob?

DanfromSterling

Re: Remote start

Post by DanfromSterling » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:39 pm

Freestyle never came with remote start. You can add aftermarket remote start. My after market has box which is antenna mounted near rearview mirror.

knowitall

Re: Do I have remote start?

Post by knowitall » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:22 am

Any investment into an old Freestyle at this point is wasting money, IMO. A remote start would probably cost you a few hundred $$ and wouldn't add any value to the car.
If you have seen the insides of my Freestyle it is trashed thanks to my hippie college daughter but it runs like a champ!
I just recently did a tune up on it spending about $160 which included new coil on plugs.
But since I drive a new Mazda 3 and my Freestyle is 300 miles away at college it doesn't bother me what my freestyle looks like. :lol:

"A funny thing is if you're out hiking and your friend gets bit by a poisonous snake, tell him you're going for help, then go about ten feet and pretend YOU got bit by a snake. Then start an argument about who's going to get help. A lot of guys will start crying. That's why it makes you feel good when you tell them it was just a joke."
jaunty75