If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Vibration at 1600 RPM

chaseren

Vibration at 1600 RPM

Post by chaseren » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:47 pm

I recently had the walker front pipe replaced on my Ford Freestyle. After the repair my car now vibrates at 1600rpm regardless of the mph. I have a CVT trans at 135,000miles. I had the car inspected at 3 shops and the exhaust is not up against the frame, the engine mounts look good, and the vibration is definitely engine speed related. I can accelerate past 1600 rpm and my car doesnt vibrate and if it is below 1600 the vibration is near gone. Any ideas?

MrBugatti

Re: Vibration at 1600 RPM

Post by MrBugatti » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:39 pm

Try resetting the PCM memory and cleaning the electronic throttle body it's pretty easy here's a video by Ford Tech Makuloco
Throttle relearn & PCM reset - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNxXM75zJOw
to clean the throttle body use throttle body cleaner any brand is fine but don't use carb cleaner

Hope this helps good luck!

Ryan57us

Post by Ryan57us » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:09 pm

Just a suggestion because mine shook as well. I added more power steering fluid and the problem was fixed.

natewilliam2014

Post by natewilliam2014 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:55 pm

I can tell you EXACTLY why this is happening!!!! i did the same walker exhaust change and noticed it immediately.! What your problem is the original flex connector exhaust section has a welded on small steel cylinder full of some type of metal balls or bb's. this is ford's add on that they designed through extensive testing to get rid of the low rpm vibration. the balls counteract the vibration. THE REPLACEMENT DOES NOT HAVE THIS....

Solution.. for me i was able to figure this out on my own because i did the walker flex connector install myself. i noticed this cylinder was the only thing that was missing off the new exhaust section. it is heavy welded on. i was able to grind it and my solution was to take two heavy duty hose clamps and clamp it back on the new exhaust in the same spot. if you can weld then that would work just as well. right after i finished i took the car out...Vibration was gone...

if you don't have access to your old flex connector assembly i don't know how else you can fix it. but at least you understand the concept now

chaseren

Post by chaseren » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:20 pm

Thank you!