If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

BACK ON BOARD WITH ANOTHER FREESTYLE

brijack515

BACK ON BOARD WITH ANOTHER FREESTYLE

Post by brijack515 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:39 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm back and driving another Freestyle. I sold my '06 Limited to another member of this site. It had ~160,000 miles and was a top of the line, loded car in mechanically outstanding condition.

My daughter had given me an '07 Toyota Highlander base 4X4. It had none of the luxury/convenience features of the FS so I started looking for another FS to replace the Highlander.

Well, I found a real gem although an '05. It is identical in equipment as the '06 except that it doesn't have the Nav and Rear Entertainment. No big deal for me as I have a TomTom GPS and no kids to haul around so the Rear Ent System wasn't needed. The buying point for me was the odometer reading was only 54,000 miles. I checked the mileage history through three vehicle services to make sure I wasn't seeing things. The interior is flawless and smoke free while the outside has really minor cosmetic scratches. Even have the original window sticker. I don't drive nearly as much as I used to so ('06 averaged 20,000 miles per year).

I still have a case of CVT Fluid and all I need are the filters and gaskets. Have 6,000 miles to go. Will do a lot of preventive maint. as before. My one plan between now and next Spring is to install drains in the PTO, Haldex and Rear Differential. I have the fluids for all three units that I didn't get around to do on the '06.

I'll be maintaining this FS the same as my last one. Hopefully, the photo will come through.

If anyone knows someone with a wrecked FS with a nav unit they want to sell, email me if the price is right.
Attachments
018.JPG
018.JPG (137.38 KiB) Viewed 788 times
012.JPG
012.JPG (131.97 KiB) Viewed 790 times
014.JPG
014.JPG (134.58 KiB) Viewed 790 times

FordTaurus

Re: BACK ON BOARD WITH ANOTHER FREESTYLE

Post by FordTaurus » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:05 am

Oh! Interesting!

Good deal !!

Looks great !!!

bbolerrn

Post by bbolerrn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:02 pm

Beautiful fs, looks like mine I am just loving my car it does all I want it to even had it off road and some unplanned light mudding and it is just awesome
living the dream in Ohio

brijack515

Post by brijack515 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:56 am

Thanks.

At least having owned my last FS I know what to expect. Know every rattle. Have encountered the sway bar end links and the leaky sun roof and both have been corrected. Even at 9 years old, she runs great. Am collecting filters, gaskets and fluid for the 60,000 mile CVT fluid change when I get back from Florida.

I sold my last one last April with 159,000 miles. Thought it was time considering how much I drive. She needed a new lower bumper cover on the front and rear shocks plus a super carpet shampooing and interior detailing.

I look forward to another 100,000 plus miles from this beauty.

PS: I am also going to install drains on all three drive units: Front PTO, Rear Haldex and Rear End. Cooper CS5's are on their way too.

jimmerneal

Post by jimmerneal » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi I have an 05 Freestyle see you were planning a full driveline oil change. Can I ask how that went and what were the oils you replaced. I also seen you added drain plugs was this easy to do. I want change all my oils but am wondering how you knew to drill and tap the drain holes. I have no problems with my freestyle presently apart from a whine from which sounds like the PTO when climbing up hill. I have read that changing the "lifetime" oil can resolve this issue ;)

Any pointers will be most appreciated, :D
Ford Freestyle Limited 2005 AWD dual and rear climate control DVD console 139,000 miles