If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Rear Axle Recall?

coreynolds

Rear Axle Recall?

Post by coreynolds » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:50 pm

I got a voicemail today from the Ford dealer I took my 2007 Freestyle to a few months ago for a transmission fluid change. I figured they were just trying to upsell me on my next oil change or other work, so I called them and said we sold the vehicle. But the lady who took my call said there was a new "recall" so I asked her what it was for, and she said for "rear axle reinforcement"

I checked with Ford's recall checker as well as Transport Canada and NHTSA and there are no new recalls. So maybe this is a hidden or goodwill recall.

We never had throttle body issues, surging, or transmission problems. But we did sell it because of weird electrical problems that we felt weren't worth troubleshooting.

JimSmith94

Re: Rear Axle Recall?

Post by JimSmith94 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:50 pm

I have a 2007 Limited and just had my transmission fluid changed at the dealer last month. I haven't heard anything from them and every time I check the recall site (about Takata airbags) it never shows any.

mmsstar

Post by mmsstar » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:10 am

The rear axel recall may be for the Freestar and someone got confused.
Drove an 06 LTD FWD from July 08 to August 10, moved on to a 2011 Flex

JimSmith94

Post by JimSmith94 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:57 pm

You could be right! Despite several attempts to get them to fix it, my dealer still has my Freestyle listed as a Freestar in their records. Despite that, I didn't get the recall notice.

coreynolds

Post by coreynolds » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:49 am

mmsstar wrote:The rear axel recall may be for the Freestar and someone got confused.
That makes sense. The local Ford dealer made the same mistake quoting us for a transmission fluid change. I wondered why it was so cheap... I guess the VIN means nothing.

"Beware of parts unknown, nobody knows your Ford like trained Ford technicians"... Yeah right!